Workspace ONE Recognized with the Highest Scores in Current Offering and Strategy Categories
PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 03, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- VMware, Inc. (VMW), a leading innovator in enterprise software, today announced it has been positioned as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2019, which evaluated 13 unified endpoint management (UEM) vendors. VMware’s intelligence-driven digital workspace platform, VMware Workspace ONE, was top ranked in the current offering and strategy categories. The platform also received the highest possible score in the product roadmap, roadmap execution, and partner ecosystem criteria, as well as all of the market presence criteria (i.e., customer count, Windows 10 customer count, devices under management, and revenue).
In assessing VMware’s growing UEM industry presence, the Forrester Wave report states, “This is largely due to investments that make it easier for customers to embrace modern Windows 10 management, such as its differentiated Dell Provisioning for Workspace ONE capability, which enables computing teams to significantly automate deployment of Windows PCs.”
The report continues, “VMware’s commitment to EX [employee experience] remains strong. The company supports a wide array of operating systems and form factors, delivers a robust single sign-on (SSO) experience, and offers unique productivity capabilities within its product information management (PIM) apps, such as Mobile Flows.”
VMware continues to deliver on new innovations that make Workspace ONE the industry’s digital workspace platform of choice for IT and employees. From apps to mobile devices to PCs, VMware Workspace ONE provides customers with a single console to manage and better secure critical business apps and devices across all platforms, including Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, Android and Linux. Some of the top UEM-related innovations added to the Workspace ONE platform in the last year include:
- Digital Concierge Services: At VMworld 2019 U.S., VMware introduced digital concierge services, including an artificial intelligence-driven virtual assistant, to help IT and HR reimagine the onboarding and day-one employee experiences. In addition, at VMworld 2019 Europe, VMware unveiled new innovations aimed at improving engagement between a company and an employee even before that employee’s first day on the job, such as enabling access to a company directory, intranet, and benefits information before their start date.
- Digital Employee Experience Management: To help organizations manage and measure value delivered to employees, VMware unveiled a technology preview of a cross-platform Digital Employee Experience Management solution. This new service will enable IT to proactively detect and automatically remediate potential issues that might impact employee experience across their hardware, OS and applications, based on real-time telemetry from their digital workspace environment.
- Workspace ONE Assist: VMware expanded Workspace ONE Assist capabilities (formerly Workspace ONE Advanced Remote Management) to include remote support capabilities for knowledge worker Windows and macOS devices. This adds to a supported list of devices for Workspace ONE Assist inclusive of iOS, Android, Windows CE, and ruggedized devices. Now, administrators can optimize employee experience by remotely diagnosing and fixing user issues across mobile and PC platforms and get them back up and running quickly.
- Windows 10 Modern Management: VMware expanded its support of Windows 10 by adding many industry-first capabilities for deploying Group Policy Objects (GPO) Baselines based on standard benchmarks (e.g. Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks), patch compliance and automation based on Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) scores, an enterprise app repository to deploy pre-packaged Win32 apps, and expansion of its AirLift tool to help customers accelerate the adoption of Windows 10 modern management.
- Dell Provisioning for Workspace ONE: Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE allows both Dell and VMware administrators to provide a virtually zero IT touch and virtually zero user downtime experience on newly provisioned devices. Configurations, settings, and applications are preloaded at the Dell factory. Now, instead of waiting for apps and settings to download and apply, employees can have a ready-to-work experience on first boot of the device.
- Support for Android Enterprise and Chrome OS: VMware is embracing Android Enterprise in the field and has now made it possible for customers to migrate from legacy Android to Android Enterprise profiles in a few clicks from within the Workspace ONE console. VMware was the first UEM to provide modern management of Chrome OS devices and is recently introduced a new Workspace ONE UEM Extension for Chrome OS.
- Support for iOS 13 and macOS: VMware made available beta support for iOS 13 user-enrollment at launch, which provides customers new opportunities for adopting BYO programs. Workspace ONE also added new capabilities to streamline OS updates, support complex OS scripting and improved FileVault encryption lifecycle management for macOS.
“We continue to bring industry-first innovations to Workspace ONE at a breakneck pace to provide customers with the broadest platform support, deepest UEM and zero trust security capabilities, and most expansive partner ecosystem,” said Shankar Iyer, senior vice president and general manager, End User Computing, VMware. “It’s this pace of innovation and ability to execute that make Workspace ONE a digital workspace platform of choice for both IT and employees. And, we believe, these differentiators have earned us recognition from today’s leading analysts.”
To download “The Forrester Wave™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2019” report, click here.
- Learn about the new Workspace ONE innovations that were recently unveiled at VMworld 2019 U.S. and VMworld 2019 Europe
- Bookmark the VMware End User Computing Blog
- Visit the VMware Workspace ONE product page
- Get all Workspace ONE updates on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Follow VMware on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
VMware, VMworld, Workspace ONE and Workspace ONE Assist are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to customers globally, aided by an extensive ecosystem of partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is committed to being a force for good, from its breakthrough innovations to its global impact. For more information, please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html.
VMware Global Communications
Phone: +1 860 480 3367