Following a successful 2018 fiscal year Infineon confirms its targets for revenue, Segment Result and investments that were raised in June. Further dividend increase planned
- Q4 FY 2018: Revenue EUR 2,047 million, plus 5 percent quarter-on-quarter; Segment Result EUR 400 million; Segment Result Margin 19.5 percent
- FY 2018: Revenue EUR 7,599 million, plus 8 percent year-on-year, Segment Result EUR 1,353 million, Segment Result Margin 17.8 percent
- Outlook for FY 2019: Based on an assumed exchange rate of US$ 1.15 to the euro, year-on-year revenue growth of 11 percent (plus or minus 2 percentage points) and Segment Result Margin of 18 percent at mid-point of revenue guidance
- Outlook for Q1 FY 2019: Based on an assumed exchange rate of US$ 1.15 to the euro, quarter-on-quarter revenue decrease of 4 percent (plus or minus 2 percentage points) due to seasonal factors and Segment Result Margin of 17.5 percent at mid-point of revenue guidance
- Proposal to increase dividend to 27 cents per share
NEUBIBERG, Germany, Nov. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Infineon Technologies AG today reported results for the fourth quarter of its 2018 fiscal year (period ended 30 September 2018).
"The fourth quarter was a strong finish to an outstanding fiscal year. For the first time, our current business segments have generated over 2 billion euros of revenue in one single quarter," stated Dr. Reinhard Ploss, CEO of Infineon. "The digitalization and electrification of many aspects in our daily life are resulting in sustained high demand for our products and solutions. We begin the 2019 fiscal year with well-filled order books and aim to continue growing faster than the market as a whole. We are keeping a vigilant eye on political and economic developments and will react appropriately if and when the need arises."
Proposed dividend for 2018 fiscal year: EUR 0.27 per share
In recent years, Infineon has increased the dividend in several steps, from EUR 0.10 per share for the 2010 fiscal year to EUR 0.25 per share for the 2017 fiscal year. In light of favorable business developments over the past fiscal year and the positive outlook for the 2019 fiscal year, a proposal will be made to shareholders at the Annual General Meeting 2019 to increase the dividend for the 2018 fiscal year by a further 2 cents to EUR 0.27 per share. Infineon's dividend policy is to allow shareholders to participate appropriately in growing earnings or, in times of flat or declining earnings, to at least maintain the dividend at a constant level.
Outlook for first quarter of 2019 fiscal year
Based on an assumed exchange rate of US$ 1.15 to the euro in the first quarter of the 2019 fiscal year, Infineon forecasts a quarter-on-quarter revenue decrease of 4 percent (plus or minus 2 percentage points) due to seasonal factors. At the mid-point of revenue guidance, the Segment Result Margin is expected to come in at about 17.5 percent.
Outlook for the 2019 fiscal year
Based on an assumed exchange rate of US$ 1.15 to the euro, Infineon expects revenue growth in the 2019 fiscal year of 11 percent (plus or minus 2 percentage points) and a Segment Result Margin of about 18 percent at the mid-point of revenue guidance. Revenue growth in the Automotive segment is expected to exceed the Group average. The Power Management & Multimarket segment is predicted to grow roughly in line with the Group average while the Industrial Power Control segment is likely to report growth slightly below the Group average. Due to adverse market conditions, revenue for the Digital Security Solutions segment is expected to be down by a mid-single digit percentage year-on-year.
Infineon Technologies AG is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer and greener. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. In the 2018 fiscal year (ending 30 September), the Company reported sales of EUR 7.6 billion with about 40.100 employees worldwide. Infineon is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: IFX) and in the USA on the over-the-counter market OTCQX International Premier (ticker symbol: IFNNY).