Supercomputing Conference – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that InfiniBand solutions accelerate 77 percent of the new high-performance computing systems on the TOP500 list deployed since the previous list (June 2017 to November 2017), 6 time more systems than proprietary interconnects and 15 times more versus Ethernet. InfiniBand accelerates 60 percent of the total HPC systems on the list and two of the top five supercomputers, including the fastest supercomputer in the world and the fastest supercomputer in Japan. This demonstrates the industry’s strong adoption of InfiniBand and its leading market share in high-performance computing and artificial intelligence.
The TOP500 List has evolved to include hyperscale, cloud, Web 2.0 and enterprise platforms, in addition to the high-performance computing and machine learning systems. 25 Gigabit Ethernet systems are making their first appearance on the TOP500 list, representing multiple data center deployments by Chinese hyperscale companies. Mellanox Ethernet solutions connect all of the 25 Gigabit, 40 Gigabit and 100 Gigabit Ethernet systems, enabling highest performance and efficiency for Hyperscale, cloud and enterprise data centers.
“Due to its smart acceleration and offload advantages, InfiniBand connects the vast majority of the new TOP500 high-performance computing and deep learning systems deployed in the last 6 months. Furthermore, InfiniBand accelerates the fastest supercomputer in the world and in China, the fastest supercomputer in Japan, and has been selected to connect the fastest supercomputers in Canada, and in the US. By delivering highest applications performance, scalability and robustness, InfiniBand enables users to maximize their data center return on investment and improve their total cost of ownership by 50 percent,” said Eyal Waldman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “We are also happy to see our 25 Gigabit and above Ethernet solutions on the TOP500 list, representing the adoption of our Ethernet NICs, switches and cables in hyperscale and cloud companies, as they deliver highest efficiency to these platforms. Finally, we are excited to showcase our HDR 200Gb/s switch systems portfolio at the Supercomputing’17 conference, as we plan to release our HDR InfiniBand solutions in the first half of next year, further increasing the technology advantage of Mellanox in high-performance computing, cloud, Web2.0, database, deep learning and compute and storage platforms.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at: www.top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system. Key takeaways from the November ’17 list include:
- Mellanox accelerates the fastest supercomputer on the list
- InfiniBand connects 2 of top 5 systems - #1 (China) and #4 (Japan)
- InfiniBand connects 6 times more new HPC systems versus proprietary interconnects (June’17 - Nov’17)
- InfiniBand connects 15 times more new HPC systems versus Ethernet (June’17 - Nov’17)
- InfiniBand connects 77% of new HPC systems (June’17 – Nov’17)
- Mellanox connects 39 percent of overall TOP500 systems (192 systems, InfiniBand and Ethernet)
- InfiniBand connects 33 percent of the total TOP500 systems (164 systems)
- InfiniBand connects 60 percent of the HPC TOP500 systems
- 25G Ethernet first appearance on the Nov’17 TOP500 list (China Hyperscale companies) - 19 systems
- Mellanox connects all of 25G, 40G and 100G Ethernet systems on the Nov’17 TOP500 list
- InfiniBand is the most used high-speed Interconnect on the TOP500
- InfiniBand is the preferred interconnect for Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning systems
- Mellanox enables highest ROI for Machine Learning, High-Performance, Cloud, Storage, Big Data and more applications
A detailed TOP500 presentation can be found here: TOP500
Visit Mellanox Technologies at Supercomputing conference (Nov 13-16)
Visit Mellanox Technologies at Supercomputing conference 2017 (booth #653) to learn more about the new 200G HDR InfiniBand systems and to see the full suite of Mellanox’s end-to-end high-performance InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions.
For more information on Mellanox’s booth and speaking activities at Supercomputing 2017, please visit: http://www.mellanox.com/sc17/.
- Learn more about Mellanox products and solutions at: www.mellanox.com
- Follow Mellanox on: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Join the Mellanox Community
Mellanox Technologies (NASDAQ: MLNX) is a leading supplier of end-to-end Ethernet and InfiniBand intelligent interconnect solutions and services for servers, storage, and hyper-converged infrastructure. Mellanox’s intelligent interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance. Mellanox offers a choice of high performance solutions: network and multicore processors, network adapters, switches, cables, software and silicon, that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage, network security, telecom and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.
Note: Mellanox and InfiniBand are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd.