TORONTO--(Marketwired - Jul 12, 2013) - Online influencers are using social media to shape brand perceptions and sway both B2C and B2B purchasing decisions on a scale that was unthinkable just a few years ago. Successful marketers know that in order to thrive in today's business climate they must identify their key influencers, listen to what they're saying, and engage them so they recommend their brand. On Tuesday, July 23, Marketwired Manager of Strategic Agencies Jeff Cann and our guest Forrester Analyst Zachary Reiss-Davis will discuss how this new business climate is evolving during a free webinar: "Influencer Marketing: The Evolution from Content to Cultivation."
"People have always relied on word-of-mouth referrals from credible sources when making purchasing decisions. Today, social media is where they go. Brands must learn to identify and engage these 'online influencers' to improve their marketing campaigns. This webinar will provide actionable tips to help get them started," said Cann.
In addition to discussing the evolution of influencer marketing, Cann and Reiss-Davis will share case studies of how companies are finding and cultivating online influencers. Plus, they will provide valuable insights for how brands can use influencers to inform and improve marketing campaigns to increase ROI.
- What: "Influencer Marketing: The Evolution from Content to Cultivation" -- a free webinar presented by Marketwired and featuring Forrester
- When: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 10 a.m. PDT / 1 p.m. EDT
The one-hour session will be archived for later viewing. All registrants receive access to the archived webinars.
- Who: Jeff Cann, Manager, Strategic Agencies, Marketwired
Zachary Reiss-Davis, Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc.
- Register: Click here to register for the webinar.
The webinar is part of Marketwired's ongoing series to help businesses keep pace with the changing marketplace, uncover new opportunities, and harness the power of influence.
On Twitter? Connect with @Marketwired in advance of the webinar, or follow the #IMevo hashtag live on Tuesday, July 23.
About the Presenters:
- Jeff Cann, Manager, Strategic Agencies, Marketwired: With over 10-years' experience in online measurement, media and marketing, Cann brings both perspective and unique insights to the world of social media analysis. As Manager of the Strategic Agency team at Marketwired, Cann works with some of the world's largest agencies and brands to implement successful social media monitoring initiatives and help them gather insight and intelligence from their communications efforts. Much of Cann's work focuses on optimization of data collection and understanding the message and metrics around content collection.
- Zachary Reiss-Davis, Analyst, Forrester: Zachary's primary focus is on helping marketers reach new customers in the discovery stage of the customer life cycle using social reach strategies, including influencer marketing, word of mouth marketing, and social advertising. He also helps guide marketers' social depth strategies as they craft communities with customers who need more information to inform their purchases.
Partnering with companies of all sizes -- from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises -- Marketwired is an innovative, social communications company offering best-in-class, global news distribution and reporting. Powered by Sysomos, Marketwired's products also provide state-of-the-art social media monitoring and analytics. This critical business intelligence provides instant and unlimited access to all social media conversations, allowing brands to see what's happening, why it's happening, and who's driving the conversations.
Marketwired is majority-owned by OMERS Private Equity (www.omerspe.com).