NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Oct 16, 2012) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the Institute for Transfusion Medicine (ITxM), one of the nation's foremost providers of transfusion medicine and related services, has upgraded to the latest version of Infor Healthcare Revenue Management to integrate its outpatient records and core receivalbes systems into a single, unified solution. With the functionality to manage both client and patient billing, the application will help reduce manual entry requirements and automate billing to help the company complete financial processes more efficiently. In addition, the upgrade will allow ITxM to benefit from the latest platform enhancements and facilitate enriched system support.
- ITxM will migrate its patient billing from a third-party system to Infor Healthcare Revenue Management, helping to simplify billing processes by consolidating data and enabling the business to establish automated rule-based workflows for payments.
- ITxM needed the flexibility to accommodate both large facility customers and individual patients without sacrificing functionality. The Infor healthcare solution allows ITxM to bill based on an individual product or service code, or bill for multiple products and services using a single code, depending on the specific need.
- Infor Healthcare Revenue Management provides the ability to segregate functions within the system based on defined user roles. This facilitates easier system access monitoring and allows ITxM to delegate billing activities to users outside the finance department by limiting the information available for viewing, enabling more efficient, faster completion of billing processes.
- Infor's application will also enable enhanced scalability and continuity in reporting so ITxM can easily comply with regulatory billing and electronic transaction rules.
"Prior to our Infor upgrade it was difficult to track and process payments because users had to access separate systems to obtain the necessary data," said Keir Josephson, director, IT Strategy & Delivery, ITxM. "Now our entire outpatient records system is integrated with our core receivable system, enabling us to manage our billing processes, whether patient or client, within a single, unified solution."
"Whether it be a multi-site hospital, reference laboratory or healthcare specialty provider, managing billing and revenue cycles is essential to financial performance," said Kevin Curry, senior vice president and general manager for Healthcare, Infor. "Infor Healthcare solutions have the flexibility to handle transactions from a variety of business models with the functionality to support all processes within one solution, helping healthcare organizations to proactively manage the revenue cycle for maximum efficiency and profitability."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Healthcare - www.infor.com/industries/healthcare/
- Healthcare Overview - www.infor.com/content/executive-briefs/healthcare-overview.pdf/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
The Institute for Transfusion Medicine(SM) (ITxM(SM)) is one of the nation's foremost organizations specializing in transfusion medicine and related services. Headquartered in Pittsburgh with offices in Chicagoland, ITxM provides patients and medical facilities with comprehensive transfusion support, including medical staff consultation and treatment plans, along with testing and delivery of blood products. ITxM business units work together to develop, deliver and influence the highest quality patient care in transfusion medicine and related services. For more information, visit www.itxm.org.
Infor is the world's third-largest supplier of enterprise applications and services, helping more than 70,000 large and mid-size companies improve operations and drive growth across numerous industry sectors. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.