SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 23, 2013) - InMage Systems® today introduced the 4000 Series, a backup and disaster recovery appliance designed to satisfy the needs of a wide range of customers, from SMB, to Enterprises with petabyte sized deployments. Based on a self-contained architecture that includes compute, networking and storage, the 4000 Series is fast and easy to deploy and boasts minimal space and power requirements. The 4000 Series provides the capability to re-instantiate data centers in minutes with near zero data loss, significantly reducing operational time and costs. The 4000 Series can also address hybrid cloud based disaster recovery, replicating from appliance-to-appliance, to a secondary data center, or to a wide range of cloud providers. Built in, best-of-breed features such as compression, encryption, WAN acceleration and bandwidth management enable replication across geographic distances while minimizing bandwidth costs, maximizing capacity, and increasing security. InMage's proprietary technology allows byte level change protection and in-line de-duplication which results in the most efficient and thorough backup and recovery solution.
"We chose the InMage 4000 because it is a cost effective backup and DR solution all rolled into one magic box." Pat Smith, CIO at Our Kids, a non-profit provider of child welfare services to Florida's Miami-Dade and Monroe counties.
The InMage 4000 Series is based on unique data protection technology that captures data changes in real-time at the byte level, and allows for continuous backup with near zero impact on primary servers and storage. This approach completely eliminates backup windows and surpasses recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO) offered by traditional methods. The 4000 Series also provides the ability to recover to any point in time, at the level of granularity required, such as mails or mailboxes, files and folders, volumes, full server or even the entire site.
Additional enterprise-class features of the InMage 4000 Series include:
- Flash accelerated hybrid storage pools that leverage enterprise-class SAS drives in redundant, higher performance 1+0 configuration.
- Thin provisioning, zero overhead copy on write, pipelined IO, dynamic striping and variable block size.
- Native storage capacity optimization features, in-line compression and de-duplication.
- High density compute and memory allows running hundreds of recovered server instances.
- Data lifecycle management with sparse retention policies.
- Integrated low latency, high throughput 10GigE interfaces for storage access that eliminates the need to purchase expensive external storage networking switches.
- Powerful "Near zero-down-time" Full System Recovery for Physical or Virtual Windows and Linux servers.
- Unified Protection for Entire Enterprise, including Clusters and UNIX.
- Superior ROI over "one-way" dedupe only appliances.
- Enables secondary workloads like Reporting, Analytics, Test and Development.
- Granular Recovery, including Individual e-mail recovery for Exchange.
"We are always looking to provide market-leading solutions to our corporate customers that will complement their existing IT infrastructure," said at Max Migel, Managing Director at DataCorp. "When it comes to heterogeneous backup and recovery, partnering with InMage on their new 4000 Series was an easy decision because its technology is easy to use and affordable."
The InMage 4000 Series starts at $8,000 MSRP and is currently shipping.
To learn more about the InMage 4000 Series, please register for the October 29th web seminar at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/727666602. If you are unable to attend but would like more product information, please visit www.inmage.com