SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Innovus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("Innovus Pharma") (OTCQB Venture Market: INNV), an emerging commercial-stage pharmaceutical company that delivers safe, innovative and effective over-the-counter medicine and consumer care products to improve men’s and women's health and respiratory diseases, today announced the launch of ProstaGorx™ in the U.S. ProstaGorx™ is a clinical strength, multi response prostate supplement, scientifically formulated to effectively maintain good prostate health and help in prevent prostate issues in the future.
With multiple published clinical trials[1-6], ProstaGorx™ ingredients have been shown to:
- Work with the prescription drug finasteride to reduce actual prostate weight;
- Regulate DHT production and hormones that influence prostate volume;
- Clinically reduce nocturia, and improve prostate symptoms in men with benign prostate health (“BPH”) or prostatitis;
- Clinically reduce overall rate of progression of prostate cancer in men; and
- Decrease serum PSA levels, suppression of tumor growth and support urinary function.
“ProstaGorx™ is an excellent complement to our fast growing UriVarx™ product for bladder health and is the sixth product to date to be launched using our acquired Beyond Human® sales and marketing platform. We currently believe the product could generate an additional $2.0 million per year in revenues. This product launch moves us one step closer to achieving our 2017 revenue goals and profitability,” said Innovus CEO Dr. Bassam Damaj. “Prostate health affects millions of men in the U.S. and we believe it is important to offer a natural, yet clinically tested alternative.”
For more information on ProstaGorx™ and for ordering please visit www.prostagorx.com. An estimated 50% of men have histologic evidence of BPH by age 50 and 75% by age 80; in 40–50% of these men, BPH becomes clinically significant. BPH was one of the ten most common and costly diseases in men older than 50 years of age in a study in the United States. The product is available through www.prostagorx.com and through the Beyond Human® print and online platform reaching between 20-30 million Americans on a monthly basis.
- MT Quiles et al. Antiproliferative and Apoptotic Effects of the Herbal Agent Pygeum Africanum on Cultured Prostate Stromal Cells From Patients With Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) . Prostate 70 (10), 1044-1053. 2010 Jul 01.
- Saverio Bettuzzi et al. Cancer Res 2006;66:1234-1240.
- Yang, F., Jiang, X., Song, L., Wang, H., Mei, Z., Xu, Z., Xing, N."Quercetin inhibits angiogenesis through thrombospondin-1 upregulation to antagonize human prostate cancer PC-3 cell growth in vitro and in vivo". Oncology Reports 35.3 (2016): 1602-1610Lopatkin N, et al Long-term efficacy and safety of a combination of sabal and urtica extract for lower urinary tract symptoms--a placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicenter trial . World J Urol. (2005).
- Ghorbanibirgani A, Khalili A, Zamani L. The Efficacy of Stinging Nettle (Urtica Dioica) in Patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Randomized Double-Blind Study in 100 Patients. Iran Red Cres Med J. 2013;15(1):9-10.
- Berges RR, Windeler J, Trampisch HJ, Senge T. Randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial of beta-sitosterol in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Beta-sitosterol Study Group. Lancet. 1995 Jun 17;345(8964):1529-32.
- Suter, Andreas, R Saller, et al. Improving BPH symptoms and sexual dysfunctions with saw palmetto preparation. Results from a pilot trial. Phytother. Res. Feb 2013.
- Kim, EH; Larson, JA; Andriole, GL (2016). "Management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia". Annual Review of Medicine (Review). 67: 137–51.
- Guess, HA; Arrighi, HM; Metter, EJ; Fozard, JL (1990). "Cumulative prevalence of prostatism matches the autopsy prevalence of benign prostatic hyperplasia.". The Prostate. 17 (3): 241–6.
- Chang RT, Kirby R, Challacombe BJ (Apr 2012). "Is there a link between BPH and prostate cancer?". Practitioner. 256: 13–6, 2.
About Innovus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Headquartered in San Diego, Innovus Pharma is an emerging leader in OTC and consumer products for men's and women's health and respiratory diseases. The Company generates revenues from its lead products (a) Beyond Human® Testosterone Booster, (b) Beyond Human® Human Growth Agent, (c) Zestra® for female arousal and (d) EjectDelay® for premature ejaculation and has an additional five marketed products in this space, including (e) Sensum+® for the indication of reduced penile sensitivity, (f) Zestra Glide®, (g) Vesele® for promoting sexual and cognitive health, (h) Androferti® (in the US and Canada) to support overall male reproductive health and sperm quality, (i) Beyond Human® Vision Formula, (j) Beyond Human® Blood Sugar, (k) Beyond Human® Lean Green Coffee, (l) UriVarx™ for bladder health, among others (m) ProstaGorx™ for prostate health and eventually (n) FlutiCare™ OTC for Allergic Rhinitis, if its ANDA is approved by the U.S. FDA.
For more information, go to www.innovuspharma.com, www.zestra.com; www.ejectdelay.com; www.myvesele.com; www.urivarx.com; www.sensumplus.com; www.myandroferti.com; www.beyondhumantestosterone.com; www.getbeyondhuman.com; www.trybeyondhuman.com; www.recalmax.com; and www.prostagorx.com.
Innovus Pharma's Forward-Looking Safe Harbor:
Statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act, as amended: with the exception of the historical information contained in this release, the matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that may individually or mutually impact the matters herein described for a variety of reasons that are outside the control of the Company, including, but not limited to, projected revenues from the ProstaGorx™ product in the U.S., projected online subscribers, estimated market for its products, and statements about achieving its other development, growth, commercialization, financial and staffing objectives. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements as actual results could differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained herein. Readers are urged to read the risk factors set forth in the Company's most recent annual report on Form 10-K, subsequent quarterly reports filed on Form 10-Q and other filings made with the SEC. Copies of these reports are available from the SEC's website or without charge from the Company.