5:40 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- China Mobile (CHL) Corporation and NTT DOCOMO (DCM) announced that they have jointly developed the world's first multi-vendor embedded subscriber identity module system within their commercial environments based on the GSMA's Remote Provisioning Architecture for Embedded UICC3.1 standard.
- Eurofins (ERFSF) Genomics announces the US launch of Plasmid Verification ServicesEurofins Genomics now has an inexpensive solution that will verify the complete plasmid sequence so that researchers can perform and analyze their experimental data with confidence.
5:35 am L'Oreal confirms sale contract of The Body Shop signed between L'Oral and Natura (LRLCY) :
- L'Oral announces that the contract for the sale of The Body Shop to Natura was signed after receiving the advice of L'Oral's Works Council regarding this project announced on June 9.
- The proposed sale is subject to clearance by anti-trust authorities notably in Brazil and in the United States, and expected to close during 2017.
5:34 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- Gazprom (OGZPY) announced that pipe-laying of TurkStream gas pipeline in deep water commenced
- Bayer (BAYRY) and Sumitomo Chemical Company announced that the companies have reached a new agreement on fungicidal mixture products aimed at controlling soybean diseases in Brazil.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) announced the start of a phase III study with mepolizumab, an interleukin 5 (IL-5) antagonist, in patients with severe bilateral nasal polyps.
- Ruckus, a part of Brocade (BRCD), announced its fourth generation wall-mounted access point (AP) designed to provide hotel guests with fast, reliable Wi-Fi. The Ruckus H320 all-in-one AP and switch features the latest 802.11ac Wave 2 technology, enabling guests to simultaneously connect multiple devices to hotel Wi-Fi networks.
5:27 am America Movil SA forms JV with JCDecaux by merging their OOH businesses in Mexico (AMX) :
- JCDecaux SA and Amrica Mvil announced entering into a joint venture for the out-of-home advertising businesses in Mexico by merging each of Corporacin de Medios Integrales, S.A. de C.V., a wholly-owned subsidiary of AMX and Eumex, S.A. de C.V., a controlled entity of JCDecaux SA into JCD Out Of Home Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
- Entities controlled by JCDecaux will ultimately own 60% shares of JCDecaux MX and the remaining 40% shares of such company will be owned by a wholly-owned subsidiary of AMX.
- The closing of the transaction is subject to the satisfaction of certain conditions, including the approval of the Mexican Federal Competition Commission and is expected to close within 2017.
5:16 am Affimed Therapeutics presents preclinical data on AFM24 and AFM26; supports the therapeutic rationale of redirecting NK-cells to tumors through bispecific tetravalent NK-cell engagers (AFMD) :
Co announced the presentation of preclinical data for the Company's AFM24 and AFM26 programs
- In detail, AFM24 was shown to be distinguished from cetuximab in vitro and in vivo through higher potency at both high and low EGFR expression levels and in RAS mutant cells, while offering a more favorable safety profile. Single and repeat dose toxicology studies in cynomolgus monkeys demonstrated that AFM24 was well-tolerated at high doses. Further differentiating AFM24 from other therapies, no evidence of skin toxicity, a side effect commonly seen for other anti-EGFR antibodies and for tyrosine kinase inhibitors, was observed.
- In addition, the Company presented further data highlighting the preclinical progress of AFM26. The NK-cell engager was able to elicit efficient tumor cell lysis in both cell lines and primary cells, even at very low BCMA expression levels. In addition, the amount of inflammatory cytokines released in vitro by cells treated with AFM26 was markedly lower than those of cells treated with a BCMA/CD3 T-cell engager. Furthermore, in contrast to approved mAb therapies such as daratumumab and elotuzumab, AFM26 did not induce NK-cell depletion in vitro.
- Taken together, the results presented at EACR-AACR-SIC 2017 support the therapeutic rationale of redirecting NK-cells to tumors through bispecific tetravalent NK-cell engagers, which offers a novel mode of action addressing limitations of other therapies.
5:03 am Novartis AG receives EU approval for Erelzi (NVS) :
Sandoz, a Novartis division, and the pioneer and global leader in biosimilars, announced that the European Commission has approved Erelzi for use in Europe. Erelzi is approved for use in all indications of the reference medicine, Enbrel
- European Commission approves Sandoz Erelzi to treat immunological diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, and psoriatic arthritis
- Approval of Erelzi provides more treatment options for healthcare professionals and patients and opens another chapter in the Sandoz immunology portfolio
- Sandoz now has five biosimilars approved in Europe, including biosimilars of some of the world's leading blockbuster biologics
5:00 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- Autoliv (ALV) and Volvo (VLVLY), with Zenuity, a newly-formed automotive software development joint venture equally owned by Autoliv and Volvo Car Corporation, will work together with NVIDIA (NVDA) to develop next generation self-driving car technologies, with a target to bring level 4 autonomous driving to the market by 2021.
- WABCO Holdings Inc. (WBC) signed a strategic cooperation framework agreement with FAW Jiefang Automotive Company, a major manufacturer of light, medium and heavy duty trucks in China.
- Clavister (CLAV) has received a commercial order from one of the largest telecom service providers in South-East Asia through a system integrator partner in the region. The service provider has, through earlier commercial orders, standardized on Clavister as its supplier for security for the business-critical infrastructure used by millions of subscribers.
- Medidata (MDSO) announced that Theracos has expanded its use of the Medidata Clinical Cloud to include regulated content management (RCM) solutions, eTMF and eTMF Archive.
- Allot Communications (ALLT) announced it was selected by one of Russia's top satellite service providers to optimize network traffic, protect against distributed denial of service attacks, increase revenues, and support regulatory compliance efforts.
- Xcerra Corporation (XCRA) and Spirox Corporation announced that they have reinstated the distribution agreement assigning Spirox the exclusive rights for field sales, application engineering and customer service support operations in Taiwan, Hong Kong and mainland China.
- Partner Communications Company (PTNR) announced the launch of television services over the internet, further to the Company's previous reports regarding this matter.
- Verifone (PAY) and Sage announced that they will work together to offer integrated point-of-sale (:POS) and business accounting solutions on Verifone Carbon 8.
4:51 am Verona Pharma receives approval in approval in five European countries to Commence Phase 2b Clinical Trial of RPL554 (VRNA) :
- This clinical trial is part of Verona Pharma's global strategic services agreement with QuintilesIMS to provide core clinical trial services for RPL554 clinical development programs, as well as provide additional insights to inform development and commercial strategy.
4:39 am Belden intends to offer 400 mln of senior subordinated notes due 2027 (BDC) :
- Co also announces cash tender offer for any and all of its 5.5% Senior Subordinated Notes due 2022
4:13 am Mountain Province Diamonds reports Fifth Diamond Sales of $21.1 mln (MPVD) :
- Sales incareased 66.1% sequentially (MoM)
- Carats Sold: 222K vs 148K in May
- Value per Carat: $95 vs $86 in May
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN) and Sanofi (SNY) announced that the European Commission has granted marketing authorization for Kevzara in combination with methotrexate for the treatment of moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients who have responded inadequately to, or who are intolerant to one or more disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs, such as MTX. Kevzara may be used as monotherapy in case of intolerance to MTX or when treatment with methotrexate is inappropriate.
- In the Phase 3 MOBILITY study, treatment with Kevzara plus MTX reduced signs and symptoms, improved physical function, and at week 52, inhibited the progression of structural damage by 91% for the Kevzara 200 mg dose and 68% for the Kevzara 150 mg dose, compared to placebo plus MTX.
- In the Phase 3 TARGET study, treatment with Kevzara plus DMARD reduced signs and symptoms and improved physical function, compared to placebo plus DMARD
3:34 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NXPI) collaborates with Shanghai Unicom, one of the first pilot units in "consumer networking" of China Unicom (CHU), and roam2free to develop a secure eSIM solution that makes it easy for consumers to add mobile plans and cellular networks to their smartphone.
- Lingo Media announced that it has entered into a strategic alliance with HP Inc (HPQ) for the education market in Latin America. Through the strategic partnership, HP will be marketing and selling ELL Technologies' full suite of English language learning programs directly to its existing customer base of educational institutions throughout the region.
- CARBIOS and TechnipFMC (FTI) announced the launch of a project for the industrial development of CARBIOS PET enzymatic recycling process. This innovation will allow to produce virgin PET from plastic waste. This contract covers assistance to CARBIOS for the scale up of its process to ensure industrial competitiveness.
- Dassault Systmes (DASTY) announced it is helping PSA Retail, the automotive distribution group of PSA (PEUGF), transform the customer car buying journey with a compelling digital in-store automotive dealership experience that injects change into its traditional automotive retail space and engages consumers in an interactive, personalized purchase decision.
3:20 am Transocean announces cash tender offers to purchase up to $1.5 bln of series of notes issued by Transocean (RIG) :
The following series of notes issued by Transocean include:
- 2.500% Senior Notes due 2017
- 7.375% Senior Notes due 2018
- 6.000% Senior Notes due 2018
- 6.500% Senior Notes due 2020
- 6.375% Senior Notes due 2021
3:17 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- IBM (IBM) announced that it has been selected by a consortium of seven of Europe's largest banks to build and host a new trade finance platform based on IBM Blockchain powered by Hyperledger Fabric. The platform is designed to simplify and facilitate domestic and cross-border trade for small and medium enterprises in Europe, while helping to increase overall trade transaction transparency.
- Hillcrest Labs, a subsidiary of InterDigital (IDCC) announced the launch of the FSM300, a cost effective and low power AHRS/IMU module that delivers the sensor fusion accuracy of industrial-grade sensor technologies at a price point suitable for consumer applications. With 0.5per minute heading drift and 1.0 orientation accuracy in a very low power device, the FSM300 sets a new price/performance standard -- up to 4X better than competitor solution in some tests.
3:16 am TransCanada establishes At-The-Market Equity Program to issue common shares having an aggregate gross sales price of up to $1.0 bln (TRP) :
3:12 am CBS prices offering of $400 mln of 2.500% senior notes due 2023 and $500 mln of 3.375% senior notes due 2028 (CBS) :
- Additionally, co announced the full redemption of its outstanding 4.625% senior notes due May 15, 2018. The redemption date is July 26, 2017.
3:07 am Marin Software appoints Brad Kinnish as CFO, effective June 26 (MRIN) :
- Kinnish has served as Marin's Acting Chief Financial Officer since March of this year
3:04 am Resource Capital prices $377 mln CLO Backed by Self-Originated Commercial Mortgage Loans (RSO) :
- The Offered Notes include $203.42 million of Class A Notes, which were rated Aaa by Moody's Investors Services and will be issued at a coupon of LIBOR+80 basis points and $48.03 million of Class B Notes