6:02 am Basic Energy Services reports selected operating data for June 2013; well servicing rig count remained unchanged at 425 (BAS) : ...
6:01 am Pfizer receives European approval to expand use of Prevenar 13* to adults aged 18 to 49 years for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (PFE) : Co announced its pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, Prevenar 13* (pneumococcal polysaccharide conjugate vaccine [13-valent, adsorbed]), received European approval for an expanded indication to include adults aged 18 to 49 years for active immunization for the prevention of invasive disease caused by vaccine-type Streptococcus pneumoniae (S. pneumoniae).Previously approved in the European Union (EU) for use in infants, young children and adolescents aged 6 weeks to 17 years, as well as adults 50 years of age and older, Prevenar 13 is now the only pneumococcal vaccine in the EU that offers protection against invasive disease from infancy through adulthood. The European Commission is the first to approve Prevenar 13 to offer protection against invasive disease at all stages of life. The EC's decision to approve this label expansion for Prevenar 13 followed the submission and review of data from an open-label Phase 3 trial of the vaccine in healthy adults aged 18 to 49 years.2 The study - which met all primary and secondary objectives - showed that Prevenar 13 is at least as immunogenic in this age group as it is in adults 60 to 64 years of age, as measured one month after vaccination. Furthermore, Prevenar 13 showed a favorable safety profile and was generally well tolerated.
5:57 am On The Wires (:WIRES) :
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (HOT) announces the opening of the Sheraton Bursa Hotel and Aloft Bursa Hotel, marking the company's entrance into Bursa. Owned by Faik Celik Holding, the two hotels expand Starwood's rapidly-growing portfolio to nine hotels across Turkey, adding more than 300 rooms to the culturally-charged industrial centre.
- HP (HPQ) -- HP Autonomy announced that its augmented reality platform, Aurasma, has surpassed 20,000 global customers and 6 million active monthly users since its launch in June 2011.
- ReneSola (SOL) announced that in response to what was characterized as unusual market activity in the Company's American Depositary Shares on Friday, July 5, 2013, the New York Stock Exchange contacted the Company in accordance with the exchange's standard practice. The Company stated that its policy is not to comment or otherwise speculate on unusual market activity.
- Telkom Indonesia and Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) announced an agreement for Alcatel-Lucent to build a next-generation agile optical network in the Kalimantan and Sulawesi areas, as well as the greater Jakarta region, which generates around 50% of Telkom Indonesia's data traffic.
- Entravision Communications (EVC) and Abacast, a leading provider of digital radio streaming and monetization software and services, today announced a comprehensive digital audio streaming and digital ad sales agreement.
5:49 am ADTRAN beats by $0.02, beats on revs (ADTN) : Reports Q2 (Jun) earnings of $0.21 per share, $0.02 better than the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of $0.19; revenues fell 11.8% year/year to $162.2 mln vs the $154.08 mln consensus.
"Continuing improvement in our Internetworking and Broadband Access product areas led revenues which exceeded estimates for the quarter. During the quarter we benefited from market share gains, the geographic expansion we began last year and an improved spending environment."
5:30 am NYSE Euronext reports June trading volumes; Global Derivatives ADV up 33% YoY (NYX) : Co announces trading volumes for its global derivatives and cash equities exchanges for June 20131. Global derivatives average daily volume of 8.7 million contracts, excluding Bclear in June 2013 increased 32.6% compared to June 2012 and increased 15.7% from May 2013. U.S. equity options volumes remained strong in June 2013 increasing 24.0% compared to June 2012 and increasing 3.3% sequentially. ADV in U.S. cash equities declined 2.2% year-over-year, but increased 18.6% month-over-month. European cash equities ADV in June 2013 decreased 9.1% compared to June 2012, but increased 8.0% from May 2013 levels.
5:28 am SM Energy announces marketing of Anadarko Basin assets (SM) : Co announces that it has engaged an advisor to market all of its properties in the Anadarko Basin, which includes the Company's Granite Wash interests. The marketing process is anticipated to take approximately six months. Production from the assets represents slightly over 9,000 BOE per day (75% natural gas), which is approximately 8% of the Company's total production in the first quarter of 2013. The Company's Anadarko Basin assets include approximately 56,000 net mineral acres. SM Energy regularly reviews its asset portfolio to identify opportunities to high grade and concentrate its inventory through divestitures such as this planned sale, the proceeds of which the Company expects to fund strategic projects in its portfolio.
3:23 am Patterson Companies National Veterinary Services for $135 mln; expected to be $0.04-0.05 accretive in first full year (PDCO) : Patterson Companies and the Dechra Boards have unanimously approved a definitive agreement, under which Patterson will acquire all of the outstanding shares of NVS for GBP87.5 mln(~$135 mln) in cash. The transaction is subject to approval by Dechra shareholders with a closing date currently scheduled in August 2013.
NVS had revenues of more than GBP315 mln for its year ended June 30, 2013. In Patterson's first full year after closing, the acquisition is expected to be accretive to earnings by $0.04-0.05 per share, including the impact of one-time and transactional expenses.
1:37 am Oracle prices $3 bln of investment grade notes (ORCL) : Co announces the pricing of its sale of:
- $500 mln of Floating Rate Notes due 2019
- $1.50 bln of 2.375% Notes due 2019
- $1.0 bln of 3.625% Notes due 2023.
- The offering is expected to settle on July 16, 2013.
1:33 am Realty Income prices $750 mln of 4.65% Senior Unsecured Notes due 2023 (O) :