This episode of AMBestTV highlights the formation of the Northeast Insurtech Alliance, which is made up of innovation-focused executives from five organizations throughout the northeastern United States. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=northeastinsurtechalliance720 to view the entire program.
The alliance is hosting a series of technology- and insurance-related online presentations, starting today. Paul Tyler, chief marketing officer of Nassau, spoke about why the alliance was created.
"I think the pandemic has really accelerated not only the need for innovation, but also the demand," said Tyler. "Concurrently, it has been really difficult to get people to meet together, to network virtually. To do this, our alliance felt it was important that as a community, we in the Northeast could quickly get together and bridge that gap. Innovation is now more important than ever and what better than to collectively pool our resources or network to make a very interesting event happen."
Charlie Sidoti, executive director of Innovation Underwriters, highlighted the alliance’s vision.
"It is about events, but it is definitely about a lot more. One of the great things is we have complementary capabilities, relationships and a geography. As we move forward, we will look for opportunities to engage the community beyond just events. How we not just connect startups with corporate, but get them working collaboratively across a variety of activities, which some of our events will be talking about. We are excited to keep this conversation going in a lot of ways."
For more information on the alliance’s sessions, please go to https://www.eventbrite.com/o/northeast-insurtech-alliance-30533400064.
Other people that appear in this episode:
- Jennifer Byrne, founder of Quesnay;
- Stacey Brown, founder of Insurtech Hartford; and
- David Gritz, co-founder of Insurtech New York.
Recent episodes of AMBestTV include:
- AM Best: Workers’ Comp Writers Brace for COVID-19 Hit: Decreased premiums and unexpected claims could negatively impact workers’ compensation writers, said Sridhar Manyem, director, and Dan Mangano, financial analyst, both of AM Best: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=workerscomp620.
- IICF Raises $1 Million to Help Children in Pandemic: Lloyd’s donated $500,000 to the new children’s fund, said Hank Watkins. president of Lloyd’s Americas, and board member, Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation’s Northeast Division: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=watkins620.
- Independent Adjusters Taking COVID-19 Precautions: Adjusters are taking extra precautions in the field, including wearing masks and gloves, said independent adjuster Peter Crosa of Peter J. Crosa and Co.: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=crosa720.
AM BestTV covers exclusive AM Best and insurance industry information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the insurance, reinsurance and related sectors daily. Sign up for alerts of episodes at www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View AM BestTV episodes at www.ambest.tv.
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in New York, London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2020 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Group Vice President, Publication and News Services
+1 908 439 2200, ext. 5561