Total Open Interest +5% y/y, Energy Open Interest +19% y/y
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses and provider of data and listings services, today reported June and second quarter 2020 trading volume and related revenue statistics, which can be viewed on the company’s investor relations website at https://ir.theice.com/ir-resources/supplemental-information in the Monthly Statistics Tracking spreadsheet.
"Through the second quarter, our customers faced a market environment dominated by uncertainty related to both COVID-19 and, for our oil and gas customers, ever evolving global supply and demand dynamics," said Ben Jackson, President of Intercontinental Exchange. "Our second quarter volumes and open interest growth reflects these trends, as our customers increasingly turn to our platforms for their risk management needs."
June Volumes & Open Interest
- Energy open interest (OI) up 19% y/y; Record energy futures OI of 32.5M lots reached on June 25, 2020
- Total Oil OI up 7% y/y
- Brent OI up 7% y/y
- Other crude & refined products average daily volume (ADV) up 11% y/y; OI up 17% y/y
- Heating oil ADV up 333% y/y; OI up 12% y/y
- RBOB gas ADV up 176% y/y
- Record Total Natural Gas futures OI of 18.9M lots reached on June 25, 2020
- North American natural gas ADV up 5% y/y; OI up 29% y/y; Record futures OI of 16.4M lots reached on June 25, 2020
- European natural gas ADV up 20% y/y; Record OI of 3.7M lots reached on June 25, 2020; June OI up 50% y/y
- Emissions ADV up 10% y/y; OI up 3% y/y
- Sugar OI up 6% y/y
- MSCI ADV up 6% y/y; OI up 4% y/y
- NYSE cash equities ADV up 67% y/y
- NYSE equity options ADV up 85% y/y
- Energy ADV up 14% y/y
- Total Oil ADV up 5% y/y
- Other crude & refined products ADV up 19% y/y
- Heating oil ADV up 380% y/y
- RBOB gas ADV up 122% y/y
- North American natural gas ADV up 44% y/y
- European natural gas ADV up 21% y/y
- Emissions ADV up 14% y/y
- MSCI ADV up 15% y/y
- NYSE cash equities ADV up 61% y/y
- NYSE equity options ADV up 44% y/y
- CDS gross notional cleared up 25% y/y
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company formed in the year 2000 to modernize markets. ICE serves customers by operating the exchanges, clearing houses and information services they rely upon to invest, trade and manage risk across global financial and commodity markets. A leader in market data, ICE Data Services serves the information and connectivity needs across virtually all asset classes. As the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange, the company is the premier venue for raising capital in the world, driving economic growth and transforming markets.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at http://www.intercontinentalexchange.com/terms-of-use. Key Information Documents for certain products covered by the EU Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation can be accessed on the relevant exchange website under the heading "Key information Documents (KIDS)".
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 -- Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2019, as filed with the SEC on February 6, 2020.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange
ICE Investor Relations Contact:
+1 770 835 0114
ICE Media Contact:
+1 212 656 2490