Workshops provide step-by-step guidance on developing strategic IoT implementations
Implementing Internet of Things (IoT) projects can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Beginning this month, a new series of IoT Readiness Workshops from Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), a leading global technology solutions provider, will prepare digital transformation teams to effectively deploy IoT projects in their organizations.
Now open for registration, these IoT Readiness Workshops enable those tasked with implementing IoT solutions to move from idea to implementation with maximum efficiency and minimum risk.
Each two-day IoT Readiness Workshop offers presentations, discussions and exercises to help attendees gain a deeper understanding of IoT from both a business and technical readiness perspective, and will also share best practices for integrating IoT into their digital transformation strategy. In every workshop, the agenda will focus on how to:
- Develop the appropriate business case to initiate your digital transformation.
- Develop a thorough assessment of the organization’s IoT readiness, and a plan for augmenting the current path to meet targets and goals.
- Gain stakeholder buy-in. This includes bridging the organizational IT / OT divide, achieving C-level support, and identifying and engaging the right team members for a successful IoT implementation.
- Learn ways to simplify IoT deployment.
- Avoid ‘proof of concept purgatory’ that can stall the path to IoT implementation. By effectively laying out the value and impact to the organization, the project is more likely to accelerate time to market.
“With the evolving technology landscape and cross-functional implementation, deploying IoT is often more complex than traditional design projects,” said Lou Lutostanski, vice president, Internet of Things, Avnet. “Organizational alignment and a strong business case are essential for a successful IoT implementation and to achieve the best business outcome. Through our IoT Readiness Workshops, we’ll provide those who are leading their digital transformation or IoT initiatives with the tools, training and guidance to navigate the IoT journey and effectively reap the rewards of IoT.”
Avnet’s IoT Readiness Workshops will be held in the following locations on these dates/times:
- Dallas, Texas: November 14-15, 2018
- Charlotte, N.C.: January 16-17, 2019
- Irvine, Calif.: February 12-13, 2019
- Phoenix, Ariz.: March 20-21, 2019
- Philadelphia, Pa.: April 10-11, 2019
- Chicago, Ill.: May 8-9, 2019
- Denver, Colo.: June 19-20, 2019
- Minneapolis, Minn.: July 23-24, 2019
- Boston, Mass.: August 13-14, 2019
Tuition to attend a two-day workshop location is $1,995. For additional information and registration details, visit Avnet IoT Readiness Workshops.
IoT University created a 30-minute IoT Readiness Workshops informational webinar that gives a first-hand look into the topics, learning outcomes and experiences to be expected while attending an Avnet IoT Readiness Workshop. Additionally, during this short on-demand webinar, guidance is provided on how to best prepare prior to attending any of the IoT workshops to optimize your workshop experience.
For more information on Avnet’s IoT solutions, please visit Avnet.com.
Follow Avnet on Twitter: @Avnet
Follow Avnet on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/Avnet
Connect with Avnet on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/avnet
Connect with Avnet on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AvnetInc
All brands and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks, and are the properties of their respective owners. Avnet disclaims any proprietary interest in marks other than its own.
From idea to design and from prototype to production, Avnet supports customers at each stage of a product’s lifecycle. A comprehensive portfolio of design and supply chain services makes Avnet the go-to guide for innovators who set the pace for technological change. For nearly a century, Avnet has helped its customers and suppliers around the world realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Learn more about Avnet at www.avnet.com.