REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 17, 2013) - Oracle (
With tens of thousands of players competing against each other on its online system, iRacing Motorsports Simulations, LLC, the world's premier motorsports racing simulation, determined it needed to enhance its database environment to continue delivering reliable uptime and an exceptional player experience. In the Oracle Database Appliance, the company found an easy-to-implement database infrastructure that proved a cost-effective solution for providing players peak performance, while laying the track to effectively manage future growth.
- To support and improve the performance of its online racing simulation, iRacing is successfully leveraging the Oracle Database Appliance.
- After evaluating multiple options, including deploying commodity hardware from Dell and launching an Amazon-hosted cloud database, iRacing selected the Oracle Database Appliance.
- With the Oracle Database Appliance, iRacing is able to take advantage of a complete package of software, server, storage and networking engineered for simplicity and high availability.
- Using Oracle Database Appliance Manager Configurator, iRacing configured the device and installed it in its data center in hours, saving approximately two weeks compared to other options.
- By dedicating one node of the Oracle Database Appliance as backup in case of failover, iRacing benefits from high availability, and has removed latency delays and boosted web page display rates.
- Oracle Database Appliance is built for out-of-the-box Oracle database performance and compared to its previous systems, iRacing reduced the number of CPUs needed and experiences performance gains up to 2x.
- Additionally, the unique capacity-on-demand licensing model of the Oracle Database Appliance provides iRacing with a future-proof platform that can be scaled without deploying new hardware.
- "Our customers expect the most realistic, immersive racing experience outside of a racetrack," said Dean Marsh, senior database administrator, iRacing. "The control, scalability and performance are enhanced by the user-friendly, easy-to-deploy package. An ideal solution for managing our enterprise data, the Oracle Database Appliance plays a critical role in ensuring we deliver an action-packed experience."
- Oracle Database Appliance X3-2
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Database Appliance on YouTube
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.