NEW ORLEANS, LA--(Marketwire - Mar 4, 2013) - HIMSS Conference, Booth #6549 iSirona, the leading provider of simplified solutions for medical device integration, today announced record revenue growth of 172 percent in 2012. iSirona also experienced record growth in terms of the number of transactions processed, which exceeded one billion.
iSirona will showcase its leading product, DeviceConX, at HIMSS booth #6549 and in the exclusive HIMSS Interoperability Showcase. Visitors will be able to see firsthand how iSirona achieves interoperability with various devices and systems.
Throughout 2012, iSirona's software-based medical device integration solution was overwhelmingly selected by hospitals nationwide, including:
- Franciscan Alliance (Beech Grove, Ind.)
- UC Irvine Health (Orange, Calif.)
- Mercy Medical Center (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- North Oaks Health System (Hammond, La.)
- CentraCare Health System (St. Cloud, Minn.)
- Asante Health System (Medford, Ore.)
- Duke University Health System (Durham, N.C.)
- Children's Hospital and Medical Center (Omaha, Neb.)
- Samaritan Health Services (Corvallis, Ore.)
"The rapid adoption of device integration is being driven by a growing medical device market and by the growing adoption of EMR systems," says iSirona CEO Dave Dyell. The medical device market reached an estimated $120 billion in 2012, according to business intelligence firm Espicom, and IBISWorld reports that the industry is growing at six to seven percent annually.
Dyell continues, "Hospitals are recognizing very real value from channeling patient data from devices directly into their EMRs, which is fueling demand for device integration solutions."
The marketplace is taking note of iSirona's success and rapid expansion. Key highlights include:
- Ranked #1 by KLAS for medical device integration systems for the second consecutive year.
- Named the 82nd fastest growing company in America by Inc. Magazine.
- Awarded $530,000 in grant and tax incentives from the state of Florida for job creation.
- Tripled its number of full-time employees.
- Ranked #29 on Forbes' list of America's Most Promising Companies.
Accenture reports that the EMR market is growing at 9.7 percent a year and will reach $9.8 billion in 2013. This will be driven primarily by growth in the United States, where 62 percent of hospitals will have EMR systems by year-end in 2013. The National Center for Health Statistics projects that nearly half of all physicians that did not have an EMR system last year planned to purchase one or to start using one already purchased.
"While the medical device and EMR markets are growing rapidly, given the enormous benefits of medical device integration, it is not surprising that the adoption of device integration solutions is rising even faster," adds Dyell. "The analyst firm, CapSite, reported that 54 percent of all U.S. hospitals that did not have a device integration solution last year planned to purchase one this year or next. The future looks very bright, and we look forward to continued growth and expansion."
Panama City, Fla.-based iSirona helps clinicians make more informed decisions about patients by providing an easy-to-use approach to medical device integration. Using iSirona's software solution, hospitals can connect virtually any medical device to their CIS, providing clinicians with faster access to more accurate patient information. It has been named one of America's Most Promising Companies in 2013 by Forbes magazine and in both 2011 and 2012 was ranked #1 by KLAS for medical device integration systems. For more information, please visit isirona.com or follow us at @iSironabuzz on Twitter.