ITT's Connect and Control Technologies business develops dynamically tuned vibration absorbers and highly engineered products that improve in-flight experience, safety and longevity of rotorcraft components
ITT Inc. (NYSE: ITT) and its Enidine, Aerospace Controls and Matrix Composites brands will showcase patented Lead Lag Damper Silicone along with their collective portfolio of highly engineered product solutions for the rotorcraft industry at HAI HELI-EXPO 2020, January 28-30, in Anaheim, California. Enidine’s rotorcraft solutions reduce noise and vibration, enabling a more comfortable passenger experience and longer lifespan for components, while Aerospace Controls electric heaters and Matrix Composites leading composite technologies improve overall rotorcraft performance.
"ITT has a legacy of providing trusted expertise and innovative solutions for flight-critical rotorcraft applications that are designed to meet each customer’s unique needs," said Stephen Kim, Chief Technology Officer of ITT's Connect and Control Technologies business. "At HAI HELI-EXPO, we’re showcasing some of our most recent advances in product development that will support the future of rotorcraft safety, comfort and performance."
At HAI HELI-EXPO, ITT’s brands will highlight unique rotorcraft solutions, including:
- Lead Lag Damper Silicone: ITT Enidine’s proprietary silicone elastomer provides leading edge performance, wide temperature range, and ultra-high damping. The patented Lead Lag Damper Silicone can be custom formulated in different modulus and damping ranges to meet a wide range of product specifications.
- High-Capacity Laminated (HCL) Bearings: Flight-critical components provide rotorcraft designers precise, engineered control over stiffness and damping. This makes it possible to reduce in-flight vibration and allow for maximum flexibility in the blades and rotor assembly.
- Electric Air Duct Heaters: Commercial aircraft certified high-efficient electric heaters and controllers offer various features including adjustable flow, integrated fan control, patented 3D "Wavy" heater cores, and fan flow adapters that utilize our third-generation power controller. Modular components provide a point of delivery capability that maximizes functionality.
- Butterfly Valves: Reliable, low-weight valves that meet or exceed high-volume and low-pressure requirements for various rotorcraft applications such as water and fuel.
- Precision Composites: Designed and manufactured for critical in-flight rotorcraft applications, these products offer superior strength and weight reduction by leveraging our close tolerance Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) and HiRPM® branded capabilities.
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions for the transportation, industrial, and oil and gas markets. Building on its heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. ITT is headquartered in White Plains, NY, with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2018 revenues of $2.75 billion. For more information, visit www.itt.com.
About ITT’s Connect and Control Technologies Business
ITT’s Connect and Control Technologies business designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption, motion, flow and environmental control components. Through leading brands such as Aerospace Controls, BIW Connector Systems, Cannon, Compact, Conoflow, Enidine, Matrix Composites, Neo-Dyn and Veam, the business serves customers in the aerospace, defense, infrastructure, energy, automation, transportation and industrial markets.