MINNEAPOLIS, MN--(Marketwired - Oct 22, 2013) - JAMF Software, the leader in Apple device management, today announced the Casper Suite for Apple OS X® Mavericks. The latest version of the Casper Suite will provide users with additional enterprise management features, security capabilities and zero-day support for Apple's newest operating system -- OS X Mavericks.
JAMF's Casper Suite is the only Mac, iPad and iPhone management software that is developed exclusively for the Apple platform. As the best-of-breed management solution, the Casper Suite provides the most comprehensive breadth and depth of functionality for IT administrators including mobile device management, settings management, software distribution, imaging, inventory, package building, image management, remote updates and a powerful framework for automated support.
The Future is Even Brighter for the Apple Platform in the Enterprise
The latest version of the Casper Suite enables the best possible user experience by providing organizations with a management platform that embraces and extends the technologies established in Apple releases. This new software allows organizations to adopt the latest hardware and software, while having a supported tool that provides the ability to meet critical deployment, reporting, compliance and support needs on the very first day, to ease adoption.
Key features of Casper include:
- Zero-Day Support - provides seamless transition to new Apple operating system on release day
- Enhanced Disk Encryption Support - Configure Macs to utilize Apple's FileVault 2 Disk Encryption technology and deploy, report and remediate issues from a central location
- Enhanced Security Controls - Utilize Apple frameworks to configure security settings such as on demand VPN, corporate data sharing restrictions, and Mac App Store usage
- In Place Operating System Upgrades - provides a toolset to automatically upgrade Macs to OS X Mavericks
- Enterprise Integration - Integrate with existing infrastructure to automatically configure email, calendars and corporate network access
Pricing and Availability
The latest version of the Casper Suite is available as a free upgrade for all customers with up-to-date support and license agreements. Prospective customers interested in purchasing the Casper Suite may also contact JAMF Software to receive additional information about evaluating the product in their organization. For more information about OS X Mavericks management capabilities, please visit: http://www.jamfsoftware.com/mavericks
Comments on the News
"Since inception, Apple has provided an extremely simple way for OS X to be installed, upgraded and recovered. With today's announcement, the Casper Suite is enabling that same ease of deployment for OS X Mavericks across the enterprise," said Chip Pearson, CEO of JAMF Software. "At JAMF Software, connecting the Apple user experience with IT requirements has been our business for the last decade. OS X Mavericks is the next step in the historical journey of JAMF and Apple -- together."
- JAMF Software Website
- Become Part of the Family at the JAMF Nation Community
- Join the Conversation on Twitter
- Stay Connected with JAMF Software on LinkedIn
About JAMF Software
JAMF Software has focused exclusively on helping the enterprise succeed with the Apple platform since its founding in 2002. JAMF Software has over 4,000 customers across commercial, education and government verticals managing more than 2.8 million Macs, iPads and iPhones. JAMF Software is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA. Visit JAMF at http://www.jamfsoftware.com/ and join the conversation at @JAMFSoftware.