“Jason had a true heart of gold with such a zest for life,” his mother Nancy Davis Rickel said in a statement. “He was such a caring soul to everybody who ever knew him.”
More from Deadline
- Nikita Pearl Waligwa Dies: Star Of Disney's 'Queen Of Katwe' Was 15
- Marsha Kramer Dies: 'Modern Family' Actress Was 74
- Superhero Action-Comedy Starring Blue Demon Jr. Gets Cast-Contingent Pilot Order At Disney Channel
On Recess, Davis voiced the character of Mikey Blumberg from 1997-2001 during the show’s six-season run. In addition to his voice work, he appeared on Dave’s World and Roseanne as a child, as well as in a string of films including Rush Hour, Beverly Hills Ninja and Mafia!, according to his IMDb page.
Davis’ cause of death is not yet known. He co-founded Cure Addiction Now, which helps fund research for people suffering from substance abuse. He had been open about his own struggles with addiction, and in the 2010-2011 season appeared on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.
Davis was the grandson of philanthropist Barbara Davis and late oilman and philanthropist
Marvin Davis. His grandfather bought 20th Century Fox in 1981. Four years later, the oilman sold the company to Rupert Murdoch.
Jason Davis is survived by his brothers Brandon and Alexander, along with two half-sisters, Isabella and Mariella Rickel.
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon