JCDecaux wins 10-year exclusive advertising concession at Libreville International Airport in Gabon
Paris, January 28th, 2020 – JCDecaux S.A. (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that JCDecaux Gabon, its subsidiary jointly owned with Bolloré Group and in partnership with the Gabonese Strategic Investment Fund (FGIS), has been awarded the exclusive advertising contract for Libreville International Airport in Gabon (current and future airports) by ADL (Aéroport de Libreville), a subsidiary of Arise Infrastructure Services.
Under the 10-year contract, JCDecaux now manages the interior and outdoor advertising spaces for the country’s biggest airport. It will provide a premium digital offer and a range of sponsored services for passengers (such as charging points for phones, tablets, screens with flight information, laptops and a smoking lounges).
Libreville International Airport is the gateway to Gabon, serving 24 destinations in 16 countries with close to 1 million passengers passing through the airport every year.
With a presence in more than 170 airports, including 10 of the top 15 global hubs, JCDecaux, the number one worldwide in airport advertising, covers 27% of global air traffic. This new contract brings JCDecaux’s African airport portfolio to 32 and consolidates its presence in Gabon, where it operates advertising street furniture in Libreville, Akanda and Owendo (for a total of 1 million people), since entering the market in 2017.
Indranil Gupta, Chief Executive Officer of ADL, said: “We took over management of Libreville International Airport in October 2018. We have since embarked on a huge programme to enhance the passenger experience, improve service quality and increase the reliability, safety and security of airport operations. Following a consultation process with a range of operators, we selected JCDecaux to partner with us for the next 10 years to bring these aims to fruition. We chose JCDecaux, the world number one in airport advertising, to raise standards at Libreville through its high-tech offering.”
Jean-Charles Decaux, Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: “We are extremely proud to be selected as the exclusive advertising operator at Libreville International Airport. Testament yet again to the expertise of our teams, this win marks a milestone in our growth strategy in Gabon. The contract will boost our airport presence in Africa and our position in Gabon. We look forward to going live with an innovative, premium and highly digital offer in the country’s largest airport, which is set to grow into a major hub in a few years. Our offering will enhance the passenger experience and deliver benefits to advertisers and their brands. Our cutting-edge solutions here will make Gabon a showcase for JCDecaux in this region of Africa.”
About Libreville airport
Léon Mba international airport is the only international airport in Gabon and an important gateway for air traffic to other African countries and to Europe. The airport is served by 15 airlines with regular flights from Gabon to 24 destinations in 16 countries.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2018 revenue: €3,619m, H1 2019 revenue: €1,842.3m
- Present in 4,030 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- A daily audience of more than 800 million people in more than 80 countries
- 13,030 employees
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1st Out-of-Home Media company to join the RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energy)
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is recognised for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good index and the MSCI and CDP ‘A List’ rankings
- 1,061,200 advertising panels worldwide
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (528,660 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 170 airports and 277 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (326,970 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (137,020 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (645,540 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (239,300 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (72,880 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (24,170 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (16,450 advertising panels)
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – email@example.com
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org