MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 7, 2013) - JDSU (
- Communications Solution Product of the Year - INTERNET TELEPHONY® and Customer honor PacketPortal™
- Diamond Reviews - Broadband Technology Report judges give JDSU solutions high ratings
- Global Customer Value Enhancement Award - Frost & Sullivan recognizes JDSU Cable and Antenna (RF) Analyzers
- 500 Top Technology Innovators - InformationWeek credits JDSU
- Women in Business Award - Barclays and Deloitte acclaim JDSU VP Shirin Dehghan
- Female Entrepreneur of the Year - GP Bullhound and GrowthBusiness (Vitesse Media) select Shirin Dehghan
- Environmental Leadership - CDP gives JDSU recognition
PacketPortal - INTERNET TELEPHONY and CUSTOMER magazines named this breakthrough JDSU solution as the winner of the coveted 2012 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award. PacketPortal allows network operators to profitably scale to unprecedented bandwidth demand while delivering the highest quality subscriber experience. "The products and services selected for the prestigious Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award represent some of the most exceptional innovations this industry has seen in quite some time," said Rich Tehrani, CEO of TMC.
High Diamond Ratings - Engineering executives from Bright House, Buckeye, Comcast, MediaComm, Rogers, Suddenlink, and Time Warner Cable were among the third-party judges for Broadband Technology Report's Diamond Reviews who rated two JDSU solutions 4.5 and 4.0 out of 5:
- The 4.5-rated VSE-1100 Video Spectrum Expert is a converged digital analyzer that helps cable service providers maintain optimum network performance with video and spectrum analysis.
- The 4.0-rated EdgeTrak is a proprietary JDSU test client built into participating manufacturers' customer premises equipment (CPE) that uniquely combines Broadcom full-band capture technology with JDSU testing expertise.
Learn more about these and other JDSU solutions at SCTE's Cable-Tec Expo in Atlanta, October 21 - 24, booth #864.
Cable and Antenna Analyzers - Frost & Sullivan, a global research organization, recently named JDSU the winner of its Global Customer Value Enhancement Award, recognizing JDSU analyzers that support RF networks as key network- and service-enabling test technologies for 4G/LTE networks. "End-user needs drive the company's daily activities, ranging from product development, innovation, to customization, and continuous efforts are made by JDSU to enrich its product offering," said Prathima Bommakanti, senior industry analyst at Frost & Sullivan.
Top Technology Innovator - The 2013 InformationWeek top-500 list identifies and honors the nation's most innovative users of information technology, tracking the technology, strategies, investments, and administrative practices of some of the best‐known organizations in the country. "Every enterprise is now a digital business -- or needs to become one fast. The organizations in our ranking are leading the way," said InformationWeek Editor-in-Chief Rob Preston.
Shirin Dehghan - VP and GM of the JDSU Location Intelligence business unit and former CEO of Arieso, Shirin was selected by Barclays, Deloitte, and Blake Lapthorn in association with The Business Magazine as a winner of the Women in Business award. The program honors women who have achieved excellence in their chosen profession, are role models for other women, have gained a reputation for citizenship, and have established themselves as entrepreneurs by running their own businesses. JDSU acquired Arieso in March 2013, adding the world's leading intelligent, location-aware solutions for mobile network operators to the JDSU Network and Service Enablement business segment.
Shirin was also selected as 2013 Female Entrepreneur of the Year in the 11th Investor AllStars Awards program. Presented by GP Bullhound, the technology investment bank, and GrowthBusiness, a Vitesse Media website specialising in providing information for entrepreneurs and leaders of fast-growth enterprises, the program brings together leading investors and entrepreneurs in Europe to celebrate professional excellence in entrepreneurship and the professional investor community. Manish Madhvani, Managing Partner at GP Bullhound remarked, "It has been a great year for growth and innovation in the European technology sector. Companies like JDSU set a high standard and are a great role model for others seeking to push the boundaries in this exciting industry."
Climate Change Leadership - CDP, the world's only global environmental disclosure system, recognized JDSU for its actions to reduce carbon emissions. The annual index highlights companies listed on the Standard & Poor's 500 Index (S&P 500) that demonstrate strategies committed to improving their impact on the environment.