SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 7, 2012) - Joyent, the high-performance cloud infrastructure company, today announced the launch of Joyent7, the first fabric-based cloud infrastructure platform to support the increasing demands of large enterprises and cloud services providers alike. Joyent7 is the fastest, most resilient and scalable cloud infrastructure platform -- delivering the performance required to run solutions for billions of users, and empowering enterprises of any size to act like a cloud services provider within their own organization.
The widespread adoption of mobile devices and cloud applications is increasingly driving a device-based global economy. Traditional on-premise infrastructures no longer support the demands for highly intensive mobile and web-based applications. And while companies like Facebook and Google have the technology to build their datacenters and infrastructures from scratch, this is not a reality for the majority of cloud service providers and enterprises -- nor should it be. Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) providers need to offer Google-quality performance to a broad market, which is exactly what Joyent7 does.
With Joyent7, enterprises gain access to key features including:
- Powerful new Node.js de-bugging and performance tools. Supports access of node on SmartOS to provide developers detailed data for diagnosing and debugging their code.
- Unified directory services. New LDAP-favored user management and directory service written in Node.js. A high performance addition, it enables improved access control and supports cloud-scale loads, replication and synchronization.
- Billing and financial management. Provides improved resiliency and additional reporting capabilities.
- Updated cloud operations dashboard and toolkit. Command line tools for operators and sysadmins, which enable scripting and full machine lifecycle support.
- Workflow APIs. Expanded catalog of APIs for workflow, image management, security groups and local storage
- Datacenter local storage: Enables the ability to API provision and mount NFS storage in a customer machine.
"There's a demand for services that are device and location independent that is impossible to ignore," said Carlos Morales Paulin, Global Managing Director, M2M, Cloud Computing & Apps, Telefonica. "With Joyent, we can provide our customers with all the power, scalability and flexibility of the cloud -- without having to build our own infrastructure or pass the reigns of control to a host of different providers. Joyent has effectively empowered us to provide the platform we need to best serve our customers."
In addition to the new features, Joyent7 delivers cost savings and operational market agility through optimized datacenter resource management and utilization. Operating costs are heavily reduced (up to ten times versus traditional multi-vendor cloud strategies), while density is increased by up to 50 percent - resulting in more revenue per square foot. Joyent7 also uses software-driven cloud templates and profiles to improve system resiliency. This reduction in provisioning time and stability has already proven to dramatically lower costs for current Joyent software customers at Telefonica and other cloud services providers around the world.
Joyent7 also provides customers with openness that is key to the design of critical infrastructures. Customers purchasing Joyent7 are not locked-in and solely dependent on Joyent for support and innovation. And Joyent, along with its Global Cloud Network (GCN) partners, are serving as key contributors to the on-going innovation of Joyent7. Recent examples of this innovation include new capabilities offered by Telefonica Instant Servers, GuardTime, Fixmo and Voxeo.
"Joyent has maintained a constant focus on being the best in terms of delivering end-user services to our customers, operating our systems with excellence, and always, designing ways to introduce and add new capabilities fast," said Jason Hoffman, Founder and CTO, Joyent. "With Joyent7, we continue to be the only provider to help companies meet the scale, performance and flexibility requirements of today's intensive web-based and mobile cloud services."
Joyent7 is scheduled for a full enterprise release in early 2013. These capabilities, along with additional features, will also be available in the Joyent Cloud.