Gone Too Soon
On the rise rapper Juice WRLD passed away on Sunday morning at the age of 21 after suffering from a seizure after a private flight. The rapper and his entourage landed at Midway Airport where Juice had the seizure and never recovered. He was declared dead later that afternoon at a nearby hospital.
It is suspected that Juice overdosed, as he had mentioned cutting down on narcotics and was given two doses of Narcan at the scene. Many members of the rap and hip hip community offered their love and support in this difficult time.
Facing The Feds
In a new report from TMZ, Juice WRLD may have swallowed a number of Percocet pills on the plane to hide them from the feds, which may have triggered his overdose. A source in law enforcement told TMZ:
"The pilot who was flying Juice's private plane alerted authorities on the ground that the rapper's entourage had guns on them -- a big no-no in air travel. When they landed, FBI and FAA agents were waiting for Juice and company.
We're told at some point between the plane landing and the feds conducting their search ... Juice was seen swallowing several Percocet pills in what people believed was an attempt to hide them."
What They Found
When the plane was searched, the feds found three guns (all legally registered) and 70 pounds of marijuana, which is legal in many states. They also found six bottles of prescription codeine cough syrup.
While the guns were properly registered, it is illegal to take guns to an airport. Henry Dean, who was working security for Juice WRLD, was charged with carrying a concealed firearm at an airport, and possessing a high-capacity magazine and metal-piercing bullets following the incident at the airport.
Waiting For The Toxicology Report
An autopsy was conducted on Monday in order to asses the official cause of death, but further tests are required, including cardiac pathology, neuropathology, histology, and toxicology.
Since drugs are almost certainly the cause of Juice WRLD's death, it's especially tragic because many in his circle had recently advised him to curb his drug use. He is truly gone too soon.