SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 29, 2013) - Juniper Networks (
New innovations in the Junos® operating system (OS) enable the QFX5100 family to deliver the industry's most advanced availability features to help organizations deliver maximum application uptime. In addition, the QFX5100 family offers the most comprehensive suite of Layer 2 and Layer 3 features available in this class of switching products.
- Enabling IT Transformation - The QFX5100 family is the world's most nimble family of top-of-rack (ToR) switches for data center environments that need to handle distributed applications and virtualized workloads resulting from the proliferation of data. The QFX5100 enables:
- Flexible Deployment Options: The QFX5100 family can be deployed within multiple fabric architecture options, allowing customers to address their current and future business needs while retaining complete investment protection. The QFX5100 family supports existing Juniper architectures including Virtual Chassis and QFabric™ -- scaling from two to 128 nodes -- as well as new and innovative architectures, such as Virtual Chassis Fabric. Because the QFX5100 utilizes open interfaces, it can support additional fabric architectures, such as Leaf/Spine and Layer 3-based designs.
- Hitless Data Center Operations: As the industry's only ToR switch offering Topology-independent In-Service Software Upgrade capabilities (TISSU), the QFX5100 family allows network administrators to perform software upgrades without impacting application delivery. In addition, the QFX5100 starts up quickly for high availability and reduced failover times.
- Automation and Orchestration: The QFX5100 family includes an array of features for simplified management through Junos OS, Junos Space Network Director and Network Director APIs. This enables Zero Touch Provisioning and orchestration with OpenStack, CloudStack, Puppet and Chef.
- Insight Technology for Advanced Analytics: The QFX5100 provides dynamic buffer utilization monitoring and reporting to provide detailed insight and data on network traffic that allows network administrators to make informed network design decisions and identify network hotspots proactively.
- Advanced Software Capabilities: The QFX5100 provides rich Layer 2 and Layer 3 features, including MPLS, BGP Add-Path, L3VPN and FCoE support. In addition, it supports network overlays including VXLAN and eventually NVGRE, as well as SDN controllers, such as Juniper Networks Contrail and VMware NSX.
- Partner Ecosystem - The introduction of the QFX5100 family strengthens Juniper's data center switching portfolio, providing partners with greater flexibility to build solutions that integrate with existing and new Juniper Networks fabric architectures. Juniper partners can now have more opportunities to speed time to revenue and gain competitive advantage.
"As a leading Internet performance solutions provider for both commercial and private users, Dyn must be able to quickly respond to changing business dynamics to maintain a competitive edge. Juniper's new QFX5100 data center switch, which offers features such as topology-independent in-service software upgrades, will enable us to continue delivering high-performing, highly flexible infrastructure services to our customers. At the same time, we will continue to evolve our own infrastructure to meet escalating demands without sacrificing our existing investments or impacting service delivery."
-Alex Howells, director of Network Services, Dyn
"Guided by Juniper's MetaFabric architecture for an open, smart, and simple data center, the QFX5100 family of switches delivers the right network building blocks for increased business agility and scale. Whether the data center is a single site or part of a global network, Juniper's QFX5100 switches provide the most nimble and highly available solution for small, medium and large scale environments."
-Jonathan Davidson, senior vice president and general manager, Campus and Data Center Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- To learn more about Juniper Networks MetaFabric architecture: www.juniper.net/metafabric
- Press release: Juniper Networks Introduces MetaFabric: A New Architecture for Next Generation Cloud Data Centers
- Blog: The Data Center Journey Continues by Jonathan Davidson
- Blog: MetaFabric, A Data Center Architecture Whose Time has Come by Rami Rahim
- Videos: QFX5100 and Virtual Chassis Fabric and Junos Space Network Director
- Juniper Communities: www.juniper.net/social
About Juniper Networks in Switching
Juniper Networks is one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet switching since entering the market in 2008. We have pioneered technologies across our switching portfolio, such as Virtual Chassis, to provide customers with an open, standards-based infrastructure that delivers the simplicity, scale and performance they need. Whether in the data center or the campus, our switching solutions give customers a competitive advantage as they set out to build the best networks on the planet.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logo, MetaFabric and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.