SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 4, 2013) - Juniper Networks (
Many enterprises use single purpose legacy infrastructures, built in silos and defined by their location in the enterprise, that can't keep pace with rapid changes in compute, storage and application requirements and often inhibit service delivery. In order to maximize delivery and availability of next-generation cloud services, server virtualization and rich media applications, Juniper introduces a new agile, "programmable" network. This will enable network operators to respond to business changes and monitor and react to how the network meets application service level agreement (SLA) requirements in a matter of seconds, not days or weeks.
Juniper Networks has addressed these challenges with a series of new products for enterprise campus and data center infrastructures. The new Juniper Networks® EX9200 Programmable Switch enables accelerated response to changing business needs, while its built-in ability to support a virtual WLAN controller, the Juniper Networks JunosV Wireless LAN Controller, will deliver high levels of reliability and flexibility across the enterprise to lower capital expense. The Junos® Space Network Director provides a single-pane-of-glass network management solution for wired and wireless LANs and data centers, consolidating multiple management tools to simplify network operations and deliver a comprehensive advanced platform that prepares enterprises for tomorrow's applications, services and workload demands.
- Industry Leading Programmability - To prepare enterprise campuses and data centers for new technologies and business requirements, the EX9200 provides the industry's highest level of programmability required for emerging applications and environments. Built upon the Juniper One Programmable ASIC, the EX9200 prepares enterprises for emerging Software-Defined Networking (SDN) protocols, allowing for network automation and interoperability without the need for additional hardware. This eliminates cost, complexity and time delays from line card upgrades or new infrastructure deployments, empowering enterprises to be more nimble and efficient. In enterprise campus and data center deployments, the EX9200 Virtual Chassis technology simplifies the network architecture, reducing network devices and layers of up to fifty percent. The EX9200 will ship with 1/10/40GbE interfaces and it is scheduled to deliver 100GbE performance this year. As with other next-generation offerings from Juniper Networks, the company will provide a 'Getting Started' program to enable enterprises to evolve from their current infrastructure to the EX9200 platform.
- Wireless LAN Controller Delivered as a Service for the Enterprise - Addressing the need to support the growing trend of BYOD and seamless integration between wired and wireless networks, Juniper Networks is the only vendor to deliver a flexible virtual WLAN controller designed to run on any combination of physical appliances, on a virtual machine (VM), or directly on Juniper Networks switches (future). Juniper has made wireless controller functionality a service on the network while offering consistent, industry-leading capabilities such as controller clustering, in-service software upgrades, self-organizing adds, moves and changes, and local switching across the portfolio. At the same time, none of these implementations is tied to a specific location within the enterprise. This simplifies network deployments, increases flexibility, reduces costs with a pay-as-you-grow model and delivers high reliability for wired and wireless networks. Enterprises don't need to have multiple islands of networks within their infrastructure and can instead have a common, unified end-to-end network for user access -- whether it's wired or wireless.
- Managing the Network from a Single Pane - Increasing network complexity makes network behavior unpredictable and difficult to forecast the effects of network changes. Junos Space Network Director, a single campus-to-data center management tool, provides a holistic view into the enterprise network. By administering the wired and wireless infrastructure, users, applications, and services from a central location, Junos Space Network Director accelerates application deployment time and reduces complexity and operational expenditures. What has previously been delivered as three to four different management tools can now be consolidated into a single application.
"Data centers are evolving into highly virtualized environments, and switches must be flexible enough to fill multiple roles. Juniper's EX9200 is a programmable, resilient and scalable platform that delivers a rich set of features and interface options that will allow Three Ireland to accelerate and enhance our service delivery while greatly improving the customer experience."
- David Hennessy, chief technical officer, Three, Ireland
Pacific Northwest GigaPOP
"Juniper's EX9200 dramatically simplifies how we provide cost-effective, reliable, high-bandwidth and high-capacity networking to our research and education participants, as well as faculty, students and staff. The advanced programmability of the EX9200 delivers future-ready capabilities that can be easily adapted to support new requirements created by emerging applications, such as SDN and EVPN, while automation features allow us to transform network operations, reducing complexity and overhead."
- Schyler Batey, lead network engineer, Pacific Northwest GigaPOP
"Reducing complexity and cost are essential for the success of our business. The Junos Space Network Director provides our IT staff an end-to-end unified management application to administer our network infrastructure, users and applications from a single interface. This simplification increases the security and reliability of our infrastructure and removes the complexity of operating multiple management tools, which reduces operation expenditures while improving our ability to quickly react to business needs."
- Thomas Meier, chief executive officer, InfoGuard AG
Channel Partner: Copper River
"Our customers need agility to manage virtualized and increasingly unpredictable bandwidth workloads, while being able to scale for future requirements. The Juniper Networks EX9200 programmable switch is uniquely positioned for this upcoming Layer 2 services refresh. It provides our customers a programmable core chassis with highly dense 10GbE and 40GbE configurations, all managed by Junos. Moreover, the EX9200 is future-ready with its ability to support 100GbE, SDN capabilities, and multiple automation options, providing a highly customizable, agile, infrastructure to customers."
- Joe Kim, vice president of engineering, Copper River
Channel Partner: Torrey Point
"The EX9200 comes at a perfect time for our customers, some of whom are in the process of data center upgrades. As our customers look at technology upgrades and new architecture designs, they need a feature-rich high-capacity switch to consolidate the older devices they had in three-tiered networks. With Juniper's silicon investment in the EX9200, this is going to be the right switch for them."
- Doug Marschke, chief technology officer, Torrey Point
Enterprise Strategy Group
"A dynamic and competitive global marketplace requires organizations to be flexible and responsive. As a result, the underlying IT infrastructure and the network especially needs to be able to evolve with the business. The Juniper EX9200 Ethernet switching platform delivers a level of programmability that will allow enterprises to prepare for emerging protocols and applications. This programmability will also ensure that network operators will have the flexibility to add those future services with limited need for hardware upgrades, thus providing a high degree of assurance and investment protection."
- Bob Laliberte, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"It is critical for enterprises to design their infrastructure to adapt to emerging business requirements with programmable and flexible platforms. Juniper's new EX9200 Programmable Switch, the virtualized JunosV WLAN Controller and Junos Space Network Director future-readies enterprises for adaptability and ultimately cost optimization -- a solution customers can buy today and that will grow with their needs over time."
- Jonathan Davidson, senior vice president, Campus and Data Center Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- Blog by Jonathan Davidson: Overcoming Complexity with Network Agility
- Learn about new Juniper Networks products for the agile enterprise
- Product Page Info: Juniper Networks EX9200 Programmable Switch
- Product Page Info: JunosV Wireless LAN Controller
- Product Page Info: Junos Space Network Director
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logo are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks' prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company's failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks' most recent report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release.