Gravitas Ventures has secured the North American distribution to rights The Secret: Dare to Dream, starring Katie Holmes and Josh Lucas. Gravitas has partnered with Roadside Attractions to release the film in theaters on April 17.
The pic, which hails from tri-G Films, was directed by Sweet Home Alabama helm Andy Tennant and inspired by Rhonda Byrne’s 2006 NYT bestseller, The Secret. Adapted by Bekah Brunstetter, Tennant, and Rick Parks, the plot centers around Miranda Wells (Holmes), a hard-working young widow struggling to raise three children on her own. A powerful storm brings a devastating challenge and a mysterious man, Bray Johnson (Lucas), into her life. In just a few short days, Bray’s presence re-ignites the family’s spirit, but he carries a secret—and that secret could change everything.
More from Deadline
- Roadside's 'Peanut Butter Falcon' Took Unique Flight Path To Screen - The Contenders L.A.
- Gravitas Ventures Acquires 'Age Out'; 'Bull' To Open Film Independent's New Wave Showcase; Craig Di Francia Cast In 'Sound of Philadelphia' - Film Briefs
- 'Judy' Debuts To Pitch Perfect $2.9 Million, 'Peanut Butter Falcon' Flies High As #1 Indie Platform Release of 2019 - Specialty Box Office
Celia Weston and Jerry O’Connell co-star. Producers are Byrne, Robert Cort, Paul Hanson, Joe Gelchion, Matthew George, and Robert Katz.
Lionsgate will handle all other forms of distribution including home entertainment and television.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers