MUNICH, GERMANY--(Marketwired - November 02, 2016) - KEMET Corporation (KEM), a leading global supplier of electronic components, has revealed its most ambitious plans yet for Electronica next week, previewing several new polymer capacitor families while showcasing a variety of technology for automotive, industrial high reliability and space grade applications. These new products are expected to advance the company's market position as the engineer's preferred choice for electronic components.
KEMET will introduce, preview and exhibit the following new products at Electronica in Hall B6, Booth 437. Samples will be available for many of these preview components.
- The industry's first AEC-Q200 qualified polymer electrolytic capacitors, the T598 High Humidity/High Temperature KO-CAP® Capacitors for automotive applications now feature rated voltages up to 50 volts.
- Automotive Grade U2J Class-I Ceramic Capacitors offer superior temperature performance with more than twice the capacitance of C0G/NP0.
- Automotive Grade F863 Metallized Polypropylene RFI X2 Film Capacitors provide high capacitance stability in harsh environmental conditions, while meeting ENEC, CUL and CQC international safety requirements.
- C4AE Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitors will be previewed with new AEC-Q200 qualification for DC filtering and energy storage in powertrain applications.
- Industrial solutions will benefit from T546 KO-CAP Polymer Electrolytic Capacitors which feature a built-in fail-safe fused design for the ultimate in reliability.
- ALC Press-Fit Snap-In Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors eliminate wave soldering and provide a robust mechanical connection for IGBT-based applications.
- The T540 KO-CAP Polymer Electrolytic Capacitors for High Reliability Applications product line is extended to deliver stability and endurance under harsh humidity and temperature conditions.
- Developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency, T583 KO-CAP Polymer Electrolytic Space Grade Capacitors are designed according to European Space Components Coordination Generic Specification ESCC3012/005 and are available in the European Preferred Part List EPPL-2 per Detailed Specification ESCC3012/005.
"In addition to our product launches, previews and samples, KEMET will showcase a variety of hands-on technology demonstrations, as well as hourly presentations by product managers and field application engineers," said Johnny Boan, KEMET Vice President, Marketing. "This is a valuable opportunity for engineers to connect, hear the latest news and gain insight on where the industry is heading. KEMET is truly 'Easy-to-Design-In,' and we look forward to showcasing this to a wider audience."
For more information, please visit us in Hall B6, Booth 437 or at www.kemet.com/electronica2016.
KEMET Corporation is a leading global manufacturer of electronic components that meet the highest standards for quality, delivery and service. The company offers its customers the broadest selection of capacitor technologies in the industry across all dielectrics, along with an expanding range of electromechanical devices, electromagnetic compatibility solutions and supercapacitors. KEMET's corporate headquarters are in South Carolina; the company also operates manufacturing facilities, sales and distribution centers around the world. KEMET's common stock is listed on the NYSE under the symbol "KEM." Additional information about KEMET can be found at www.kemet.com.
Cautionary Statement on Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements included herein contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of federal securities laws about KEMET Corporation's (the "Company") financial condition and results of operations that are based on management's current expectations, estimates and projections about the markets in which the Company operates, as well as management's beliefs and assumptions. Words such as "expects," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," variations of such words and other similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions, which are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in, or implied by, such forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which reflect management's judgment only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect new information, future events or otherwise.
Certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcome and results to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied by, these forward-looking statements are described in the Company's reports and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.