IRVINE, CA--(Marketwired - May 9, 2013) - Lantronix, Inc. (
"The time for robust IT branch management solutions is now," said John Katsaros, Principal with the Los Altos, California-based Internet Research Group. "The rapid rate of technology advancements, the need to manage equipment from a central (headquarters-based) location, and to simultaneously reduce costs and equipment downtime are key industry drivers that should bode well for the Lantronix SLB solution."
The Lantronix SLB - Brand Office Management
The Lantronix SLB Branch Office Manager enables administrators to easily and securely manage remote servers and IT infrastructure equipment over the LAN or the Internet. This innovative hybrid device combines the capabilities of the company's award-winning Lantronix SLC Console Manager along with remote power management into a compact, 1U rack-mountable appliance. The Lantronix IPv6 compliant SLB is compatible with Lantronix' vSLM/SLM central management appliance, which allows for central management, control and configuration of all attached devices.
- Eight (8) serial ports for console connectivity.
- Enables systems administrators to remotely manage Linux, UNIX, and Windows servers, routers, switches, telecom, building access equipment, and many more;
- Provides data logging, monitoring, and secure access control via an internet browser.
Power Management and Redundancy
- Eight (8) ports for power connectivity;
- Supports both NEMA 5-15P or NEMA 5-20P power plugs;
- Provides ability to control power individually to all attached equipment;
- Provides power switching (on/off/reboot) control;
- Provides current measurement and monitoring to each power port;
- Ensures safe power distribution and reduces in-rush current overload;
- Dual AC inlets allow for power redundancy and automatic failover.
"Our IT management product families serve as the cornerstone of our M2M solutions," said Mak Manesh, vice president of product management for Lantronix. "The newly refreshed SLB was designed from the ground up, specifically for enterprises whose business model provides for distributed branch or satellite offices -- such as retail, finance, insurance, health care and food services industries. Such customers should find this out-of-band solution to be a perfect fit, as it conserves rack space and reduces costs by enabling administrators at headquarters to centrally manage IT equipment, wherever and whenever necessary."
How to Buy
The Lantronix SLB is available for purchase directly at www.Lantronix.com, by calling (800) 422-7055, or through the company's global network of distribution channels and reseller partners. Pricing starts at an MSRP of $1649.00. For more information or general questions about our SLB or any of our IT management products, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lantronix, Inc. (
© 2013 Lantronix is a registered trademark, and Lantronix SLB is a trademark of Lantronix, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective holders. Specifications subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.