AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwire - Nov 15, 2012) -
WHO: Key Ingredient (keyingredient.com), the web's largest shareable free collection of user-generated recipes with 1.5 million recipes offers Thanksgiving recipe recommendations and tips on making the perfect turkey.
WHAT: Key Ingredient (keyingredient.com/Thanksgiving) offers Thanksgiving recipes that appeal to everyone, including healthy, vegan and gluten-free recommendations.
Some of the most popular recipes include:
- Denise's Acorn Squash Stuffed with Pancetta, Quinoa, and Walnuts (http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/25984542/acorn-squash-stuffed-with-pancetta-quinoa-and-walnuts/)
- Foodiewife's Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallow & Pecan Streusel (http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/10190651/sweet-potato-casserole-with-marshmallow-pecan-streusel/)
Thanksgiving recipes by category:
- 134 Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes:
Including Buttermilk Brined Turkey, Texas Tamale Stuffed Turkey, as well as Classic Roast Turkey with Herbed Stuffing and Old Fashioned Gravy
Key Ingredient Foolproof Turkey Tips include:
- Fresh vs. Frozen - fresh can sit around for days, from processing, trucking to delivery
- To Stuff or Not to Stuff - stuffing the bird is problematic as it can fail to reach a food-safe temperature and be a health hazard
- Do I Really Need to Baste - Most say no. Opening the oven door can cause your turkey to dry out and extend cooking time
- How Do I Know When It's Done - stick a cooking thermometer between thigh and breast and make sure it reads 180 degrees
- Pitch a Tent - Make a tent using foil and let the bird sit for 15 minutes before carving
WHERE: www.keyingredient.com/Thanksgiving or the free Key Ingredient app