Calix Cloud quarterly release adds new features that empower service providers to maximize their return on network investments and market smart home services to Increase ARPU
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calix, Inc. (CALX) announced new features for the Calix Cloud that will enable Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to generate new revenue streams and enhance the subscriber experience. This release continues seven consecutive quarters of innovation that CSPs are leveraging to drive double digit revenue growth through micro-targeted marketing campaigns with Calix Marketing Cloud, and reduce OPEX through advanced insights and remote management via Calix Support Cloud. Thanks to the Calix Cloud, these benefits are realized without the need for additional capital expenditure.
The Calix Marketing Cloud (CMC) quarterly release expands the ability for CSPs to elevate revenue through:
- New Smart Home Lens: CSPs are now able to identify subscribers with large numbers of connected devices and assess upstream bandwidth usage to generate micro-segments across their subscriber base. These new insights build on the many current views available in CMC such as streaming, gaming, customer type, geography, service tiers and Wi-Fi performance. Thanks to the role-based filters and dashboards available in CMC, marketers can identify high-value micro-segments to target with real-time campaigns that will drive dramatically higher ROI.
- New Central Office (CO) Lens: CSP marketers often have a difficult time determining the capacity and bandwidth available at specific central office locations. The new CO Lens provides data for each CO, such as homes and businesses passed, that help marketers micro-target specific geographies that have the greatest capacity and, therefore, the greatest revenue upside.
- New Work from Home Lens: Work from home subscribers require reliable bandwidth and often have company provided monthly stipends to fund those services. The new Work from Home Lens enables CSP marketers to identify these users based on behavioral insights such as VPN and business application usage. The CSP can then launch high ROI marketing campaigns and services that target this lucrative micro-segment.
The quarterly Calix Support Cloud (CSC) release enables significant OPEX gains while elevating the subscriber experience and reducing churn:
- Smart Home Management: CSC delivers full remote monitoring and management of the Calix Smart Home and Business solutions. Managing the GigaSpire BLAST and MAX, CSC arms service providers with remote system management to ensure world class whole home connectivity. When paired with the GigaSpire MAX, CSC offers remote management of Zigbee, Zwave, and Low Energy Bluetooth IoT devices that are managed by the Calix private label IoT service.
- Always Expanding Multivendor Support: CSC continues to expand the list of supported third party gateways and network devices as CSPs require, thereby simplifying subscriber network management with mixed deployments via a single interface.
“At ConneXions ’18 we highlighted many of the successes our CSP customers are having with Calix Cloud. Midwest Energy who launched Calix Marketing Cloud based micro-campaigns to grow revenue 23 percent year-over-year with no additional CAPEX and All West who reduced truck rolls by 30 percent and improved first call resolution by 40 percent with Calix Support Cloud, ” said Shane Eleniak, senior VP of platforms for Calix. “Each quarter we release enhancements to Calix Cloud that our Customer Success teams identify as they enable amazing results in the field and gather feedback. This quarter’s release expands Calix Marketing Cloud’s real-time micro-segmentation capabilities to convert existing network capacity into 100 percent gains in profit, as no additional CAPEX is required, while targeting the lucrative home worker segment. The Marketing Cloud and Support Cloud releases also lay the foundation for the massive revenue opportunity that the Calix Smart Home and Business solution will enable as Calix transforms the way CSPs go to market through the power of software with EXOS.”
“We’re thrilled to have participated in Calix’s Early Adopter Program for the Smart Home and Business solution and see immense value in the market opportunity it presents,” said Arthur McTaggart, network operations manager for Logic Cayman Islands. “As longtime customers, we’re excited to see how we’ll be able to use these new Calix Cloud features to identify candidates for advanced offers as well as ensure our internal teams all have the visibility necessary to deliver the best possible subscriber experience.”
The Calix Marketing Cloud quarterly update also includes a user interface enhancement that offers a satellite view option to give CSPs added context and granular visibility of subscriber and prospect geographies. The Calix Support Cloud quarterly update also includes enhancements to Smart Check and network operations workflows.
Finally, don’t miss the webinar “Relive ConneXions 2018” on Wednesday, November 14th for a recap of all the news and highlights from the sold out conference. In addition, to learn about what’s needed to build and sustain a successful smart home business, join the webinar “Getting Started with Calix Smart Home and Business” on Tuesday, December 4th.
Calix, Inc. (CALX) – Innovative communications service providers rely on Calix platforms to help them master and monetize the complex infrastructure between their subscribers and the cloud. Calix is the leading global provider of the cloud and software platforms, systems, and services required to deliver the unified access network and smart premises of tomorrow. Our platforms and services help our customers build next generation networks by embracing a DevOps operating model, optimize the subscriber experience by leveraging big data analytics and turn the complexity of the smart home and business into new revenue streams.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that are based upon management's current expectations and are inherently uncertain. Forward-looking statements are based upon information available to us as of the date of this release, and we assume no obligation to revise or update any such forward-looking statement to reflect any event or circumstance after the date of this release, except as required by law. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from current expectations based on risks and uncertainties affecting Calix’s business. The reader is cautioned not to rely on the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. Additional information on potential factors that could affect Calix's results and other risks and uncertainties are detailed in its quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC and available at www.sec.gov.