Lavvan announced the appointment of Neil Closner as its new chief executive officer on Thursday.
Closner left his position as CEO of MedReleaf and will be joining Lavvan's team along with seven other members of MedReleaf’s leadership team, Lavvan said in a press release.
Lavvan is a cannabis producer "focused on the production of high-quality and reliably sourced cannabinoids for a range of end markets."
The company is collaborating with Amyris (NASDAQ: AMRS) on the development of fermentation-based technology that will add knowledge to the way cannabinoids can be applied within the industry. The companies anticipate that commercialization of their products will begin in 2020.
Former Lavvan CEO Etan Bendheim will become the company's president.
Don’t miss out on the top cannabis stories of the day. Click here to sign up for our daily insider newsletter.
“My team and I are thrilled to be bringing our experience and focus to this transformative venture,” Closner said in a statement.
“We are very excited about our partnership with Amyris. The collaboration between Lavvan and Amyris is now set to revolutionize the cannabis industry."
Closner's résumé includes start-up, technology and health care experience.
“Neil and his team helped to birth the emerging global cannabis industry with MedReleaf, and they will now transform it with Lavvan," Bendheim said in a statement.
The following members of MedReleaf's former senior team are also joining Lavvan:
- Alexia Blake, director, product development
- Angelo Fefekos, senior vice president of regulatory affairs and quality assurance
- Dr. Jeremy Friedberg, chief science officer
- Istok Nahtigal, director of process sciences
- Adam Noyek, senior vice president of operations
- Ori Sher, director of infrastructure
- Umar Syed, senior advisor for product strategy
Benzinga's Cannabis Capital Conference heads to Detroit on Aug. 15 — click here to learn more!
See more from Benzinga
- Canopy Growth, Greenlane Strike Exclusive Distribution Deal For Storz & Bickel Vaporizers
- GW Pharma Rallies On Strong Q2 Epidiolex Sales, Says European Approval Expected In October
- Argentina To Host Its First Big Cannabis Business Expo: 'Cannabis Improves People's Quality Of Life'
© 2019 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.