SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global lead acid battery market size is expected to reach USD 93.04 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 5.9% over the forecast period, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. Lead acid batteries are expected to witness significant rise in demand owing to their increasing usage in various industries including oil and gas, nuclear power, electricity generation, gas turbine, hospitality, transport infrastructure, manufacturing, construction, mining, and off-grid renewable. Moreover, advantages associated with these batteries, such as durability, high voltage capability, low-cost, and simple manufacturing process are expected to increase the demand.
Key suggestions from the report:
- SLI was the biggest product segment and accounted for 53.8% of revenue share in 2019
- Flooded lead acid battery sector was the largest segment, accounting to USD 38.92 billion in 2019
- In 2019, automotive application accounted for the largest of market share in terms of revenue and is projected to register a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific held the largest market share of USD 26.43 billion in 2019 due to growing UPS sector as a result of rapid development of the data centers and IT sector
- China is expected to be one of the promising markets in light of favorable government policies and high end energy storage technologies adding USD 17.94 billion in 2019
- Major manufacturers include GS YUASA, EnerSys, East Penn, ATLASBX Co., Ltd., Exide Technologies, and Johnson Controls
Read 95 page research report with ToC on "Lead Acid Battery Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report Product (SLI, Stationary, Motive), By Construction Method (Flooded, VRLA), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/lead-acid-battery-market
Lead acid batteries finds wide usage in automotive applications including forklifts, golf carts, and industrial cleaners. High usage of lead acid battery in forklifts on account of low cost, reliability, and well-established supply chain of the product, is likely to positively influence the market. Lead acid battery is widely used in automobile as it delivers high power to start the engine. The superior safety, quality, and recycling process of these batteries is anticipated to augment the market growth over the forecast period.
Starting, Lighting, and Ignition (SLI) was the largest product segment and accounted for more than half of global lead acid battery market revenue in 2019. Growing demand for SLI batteries in commercial vehicles and passenger cars is expected to strengthen the segment growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global lead acid battery market on the basis of product, application, construction method, and region:
- Lead Acid Battery Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Lead Acid Battery Construction Method Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Lead Acid Battery Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Lead Acid Battery Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
Find more research reports on Power Generation & Storage Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Diesel Generator Market – Favorable growth of end-use industries such as oil and gas, telecom, mining, and retail is likely to augment demand for diesel gensets in the upcoming years. Diesel gensets offer a reliable and high-quality power, due to which they are widely used for emergency power backup, as well as stand-alone power generation systems.
- Battery Raw Materials Market – Battery Raw Materials industry is anticipated to grow on account of technological advancements and innovations in batteries used in external power generating systems..
- Refrigerant Market – Development of eco-friendly alternatives, as a result of environmental policies aimed at ozone depletion and GHG emissions, is a key factor driving Refrigerant market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.