NBA All-Star Weekend wasn’t just about showcasing the skills of the top players from the league. It was also an opportunity for players to preview new kicks — including Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James.
The baller was seen wearing the “Monstars” Nike LeBron 17 during the first half of the game before swapping it out for the previously unseen style of the shoe to close out the game. Both styles coincide with James’ upcoming film “Space Jam 2” that’s expected to hit theaters sometime in 2021. The second look, dubbed “Mr. Swackhammer,” pays tribute to the film’s main villain.
More from Footwear News
- Chance the Rapper and Kawhi Leonard Put New Balance on Center Stage During the NBA All-Star Game
- New Balance Reveals Kawhi Leonard's Debut Signature Shoe Ahead of the NBA All-Star Game
- LeBron James Will Wear Gianna Bryant's Number During the 2020 NBA All-Star Game
The pair boasts a vibrant neon green Knitposite upper that’s complemented with multicolored accents throughout the knitted material. Additional details including the character’s scaly details found on the tongue as well as “Space Jam”-branded insoles. Capping off the look is a blue Max Air cushioned midsole.
The latest Nike LeBron 17 “Mr. Swackhammer” is releasing Wednesday on the SNKRS app at 10 a.m. ET as well as at select Nike Basketball retailers for $225.
New Balance Reveals Kawhi Leonard’s Debut Signature Shoe Ahead of the NBA All-Star Game
Chance the Rapper and Kawhi Leonard Put New Balance on Center Stage During the NBA All-Star Game
Bad Bunny Gets Custom Crystal-Covered Kobe 6 ‘Grinch’ Sneakers for NBA All-Star Weekend
Best of Footwear News
- 11 Best Yeezy Sneakers That You Can Shop Now
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts