LeBron James on Monday posted a photo to Instagram in which he looks skinnier than usual.
One poorly lit photo is not exactly firm evidence that an athlete has or has not lost weight. But there seems to be something to this.
Brian Windhorst of ESPN said on Twitter that LeBron had lost "significant weight" since he reduced his carbohydrate intake earlier this summer. Windhorst has been covering LeBron since high school, and he probably has more access to the Cavs star than any other reporter in the world.
LeBron was listed at 250 pounds last season. He confirmed that he was on diet in a different Instagram photo.
Here's skinny LeBron (Aug. 4):
And here's LeBron during Game 1 of the NBA Finals (June 14):
LeBron is still only 29, but we could be watching him prepare for his post-prime years. Kobe Bryant transformed his body as he entered his 30s as well, and it has significantly extended his career.
More From Business Insider
- Timberwolves Owner Hints That Kevin Love Will Join LeBron James In Cleveland
- Charles Barkley Says There Are Only 5 Real Jobs In The World, Explains Why We Should Never Be Miserable
- The Philadelphia 76ers' Radical Tanking Plan Is Getting Even More Extreme
- NBA's Not-So-Free Agency Continues To Screw The Best Players
- Kyle Korver's Insane Offseason Fitness Challenge Involved Running On The Ocean Floor With A 85-Pound Rock