PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 7, 2015) -
Core News Facts:
- Today, Light (www.light.co) launched the L16, a camera that combines advanced optics with powerful software, making beautiful photos more accessible than ever before.
- The L16 is the first multi-aperture computational camera that packs DSLR quality and capability into a device that fits in your pocket.
- The L16 is smaller, lighter, less expensive, and provides better image quality than any camera in its price class.
- Light's innovative technology flattens and re-directs the optical components in the camera, allowing for a sleek and streamlined design.
- The L16 works by firing multiple cameras at multiple focal lengths simultaneously, then computationally fuses the images together to create a single high-quality image up to 52 megapixels.
- By shooting an image at multiple focal lengths, the L16 captures more data in every shot, allowing you to enjoy the moment, and make adjustments, like depth-of-field, later.
- With the L16, anyone can shoot, edit and share high-quality photos from a single device.
- Additionally, the L16 is a fraction of the weight and size of comparable DSLR cameras, making it radically portable and travel-friendly, while being as easy to use as a smartphone camera.
- Compared to professional-grade cameras that often require multiple lenses and add-ons, the L16 requires no additional equipment.
- Key features of the L16 include:
- Integrated 35mm-150mm optical zoom
- DSLR-quality high-resolution images
- Exceptional low-light performance
- Low image noise
- Fine depth of field control
- Five-inch, easy-to-use touch-screen interface with on-device editing and social network sharing
- The L16 will retail for $1,699 and ship in late summer 2016. A limited quantity will be available for pre-order through November 6 at a special price of $1,299 at https://light.co/.
- Light was founded in 2013 by Dave Grannan, CEO, and Rajiv Laroia, CTO, whose backgrounds in mobile technology and passion for photography inspired them to reimagine photography.
- For more information on the Light L16 Camera launch, please visit the Light blog at https://spot.light.co/Light-L16-Camera-Launch
Dave Grannan, CEO & Co-Founder, Light
"Our lives are made up of many moments. Some are big and impressive, and others are quiet and meaningful. Photography is about finding these moments and capturing their magic in a single frame. Until the L16 camera, this required expert knowledge, heavy equipment and high prices. Light's vision is to enable anyone to take amazing pictures, and to change consumers' mindset that quality must come at high cost, a big size and with a steep learning curve."
Rajiv Laroia, CTO & Co-Founder, Light
"At Light, we believe you shouldn't have to focus on mastering equipment, you should be able to focus on the moment. The L16 was designed to allow anyone to easily take high-quality photos without needing a big and complicated device. Using a breakthrough in optical system design, and pushing the boundaries of computational imaging, we've packed the capabilities of a high-quality interchangeable lens camera into a device small enough to fit in your pocket. Our design goal was to produce the highest quality images in the smallest, lightest, most convenient form factor.
Light is pushing the boundaries of camera technology, making beautiful photography more accessible than ever before. The Light L16 camera combines advanced optics with powerful software to enable anyone to shoot, edit and share high-quality pictures. Founded in 2013, Light is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. To reimagine photography, visit: https://light.co/