Littman Krooks LLP is pleased to announce our new online series, "Lunch with Littman Krooks." Join us Tuesdays at 12:00PM (EST) as our attorneys share valuable updates and information about laws pertaining to elder law, Medicaid planning, estate planning, guardianship, special needs planning and special education advocacy in New York State.
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., July 23, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Littman Krooks LLP is pleased to announce our new online series, "Lunch with Littman Krooks." Join us Tuesdays at 12:00PM (EST) as our attorneys share valuable updates and information about laws pertaining to elder law, Medicaid planning, estate planning, guardianship, special needs planning and special education advocacy in New York State.
This information will be offered through a series of Zoom conferences. Here is the schedule:
- July 28th: "Time is of the Essence: How to Protect Your Assets Before Community Medicaid Rules Change." Recent changes to Community Medicaid are scheduled to take effect on October 1, 2020, Littman Krooks attorney, Brian L. Miller, Esq., will discuss estate planning techniques that should be put in place prior to October 1st, including how to best protect your assets while maintaining eligibility for future Community Medicaid benefits.
- Aug 4th: "Am I Too Young to Have an Estate Plan?" People often wonder whether they are too young to prepare an estate plan. Littman Krooks attorney, Joel Krooks, Esq., will discuss why every millennial should have their estate in order and will review the necessary documents. You should hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
- Aug 11th: "What You Need to Know When a Loved One Dies." Dealing with the death of a loved one is difficult and the process of administrating your loved one's estate can be overwhelming. Littman Krooks partner, Amy C. O'Hara, Esq., will lead a discussion of what steps should be taken when a loved one dies and what responsibilities you may have.
- Aug 18th: "Pandemic Planning: Checklist for Preparing Students for the New and Uncertain School Year. " The coming school year will be filled with uncertainty for all. Each school district will be developing its own plan for reopening, Littman Krooks partner, Marion M. Walsh, Esq., will present a checklist on how to prepare your student for the school year, with a focus on supporting students with disabilities or learning/emotional needs.
- Aug 25th: "Basics of an New York State Special Education Impartial Hearing." Littman Krooks attorney, Arshi Pal, Esq., with provide an explanation of the Impartial Hearing Process and the associated timelines. She will also review best practices to preserve the record and explain any changes in the process due to the pandemic.
- Sept 1st: "Basics of Article 81 Guardianship in New York." Littman Krooks attorney, Stephanie Goldstein, Esq., will discuss the basics of Article 81 Guardianship in New York. She will review what you need to know in order to prepare and file a petition and what happens thereafter.
To learn more about these conferences and to register for any of these conferences, please visit https://www.littmankrooks.com/lunch-with-littman-krooks/
About Littman Krooks LLP
Littman Krooks LLP provides sophisticated legal advice and the high level of expertise ordinarily associated with large law firms along with the personal attention and responsiveness of smaller firms. These ingredients, which are the cornerstone of effective representation and necessary to a successful lawyer/client relationship, have become the foundation of the firm's success.
Littman Krooks LLP offers legal services in several areas of law, including elder law, estate planning, special needs planning, special education advocacy, and corporate and securities. Their offices are located at 655 Third Avenue, New York, New York and 399 Knollwood Road, White Plains, New York. For more information about Littman Krooks LLP, visit http://www.littmankrooks.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that Zoom is a third party and not an agent of or associated with Littman Krooks LLP. You agree that your use of such third party websites and resources is subject to the terms and conditions of the use of such websites.
Disclaimer: These conferences are provided for educational purposes only and shall not constitute the provision of professional legal, tax or other advice. Littman Krooks LLP and its attorneys shall have no liability for errors, incorrect information, or inapplicability of information provided to any particular visitor/attendee.
SOURCE Littman Krooks LLP