Getty / AP
- Buckingham Palace announced the engagement of Princess Eugenie and boyfriend Jack Brooksbank on Monday.
- The Princess showed off her pink sapphire ring in official engagement photos.
- Her ring bears a striking resemblance to the one her father, Prince Andrew, used to propose to her mother — his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson.
- Ferguson's ring cost £25,000 ($35,000) at the time and is now worth around £71,000 ($100,000).
Princess Eugenie and her London socialite boyfriend Jack Brooksbank announced their engagement on Monday, and Buckingham Palace quickly followed the news with the release of official engagement photos of the couple.
In the pictures, Eugenie is showing off her padparadscha sapphire engagement ring surrounded by diamonds — and it bares a striking resemblance to her mother's.
27-year-old Eugenie is the youngest daughter of Prince Andrew, the Queen's second-born son, and his ex-wife Sarah Feguson, Duchess of York.
When Princess Andrew got engaged to Ferguson in 1986, he gave her a large oval ruby ring set in 10 drop diamonds on a yellow and white gold band.
AP Photo/Terence Donovan/Gene Nokon
Take a closer look at Princess Eugenie's ring:
WPA Pool / Getty
Now, here's her mother's again:
According to Metro, Prince Andrew designed Ferguson's £25,000 ($35,000) ring, which was created by Garrard & Co. It's reportedly appreciated in value since, to around £71,000 ($100,000).
While the value of Princess Eugenie's ring is unknown, her wedding to the man UK society magazine Tatler described as "the king of the London club scene" is sure to be an event to remember.
The couple will marry in Autumn 2018, according to the palace's official statement, at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle — the same venue where Prince Harry will marry Meghan Markle in May this year.
- Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's royal engagement photos have been published
- Amazon's grocery store of the future opens today: no cashiers, no registers, and no lines
- Princess Eugenie is getting married to her London socialite boyfriend in the 2nd royal wedding of 2018