For all the fans out there hoping that they'd get to hear a whole set of new music from Lupe Fiasco before the end of the year, well, we've got some bad news for you. The Cool rapper took to Twitter earlier today to let the world know that he probably won't be able to get anything finished and out to the people in 2016.
"It's a strong chance you won't get any new Lupe albums this year," he wrote. "Sorry y'all. I tried 2 make it happen but best laid plans make a mess made."
It's a strong chance you wont get any new Lupe albums this year— Lupe Fiasco (@LupeFiasco) October 16, 2016
Sorry y'all. I tried 2 make it happen but best laid plans make a mess made
Apparently, a confluence of issues getting clearances and coming up with the right mix are holding the entire process up.
Drogas Light & Drogas are fully recorded & sitting but clearances and mixing issues for Drogas are pushing us beyond realistic deadlines now— Lupe Fiasco (@LupeFiasco) October 16, 2016
If you remember, Lupe gassed his fans up in December of last year when he said that he hoped to have not one, not two, but three albums out before the end of 2016.
Sadly, it looks like we're going to just have to wait it out and see if he can get things finished up early into 2017.
The names of the next 3 full LUPE releases for 2016 are:— Lupe Fiasco (@LupeFiasco) December 25, 2015
Thank you fans for your continued support! 🎅🏾
So I'll take these L's like a champ and keep it moving.— Lupe Fiasco (@LupeFiasco) October 16, 2016
Again so sorry to let you folks down. pic.twitter.com/ApmjkTwIyN
- Watch Lupe Fiasco Give His Long Overdue Acceptance Speech for a Grammy He Won Nine Years Ago
- Lupe Fiasco Wants to Retire From Rap After 'Roy'
- Lupe Fiasco Wants to Drop Three Albums in 2016
More from Complex
- Video Shows Black Man Being Arrested for Walking in the Street
- Netflix Thanks 'Stranger Things' For Helping It Make An Insane Amount of Money
- Anthony Davis Posts Ad for Personal Assistant on Craigslist
- American Life Looks Bleak AF in Keegan-Michael Key's Trump Presidency Forecast
- Travis Scott Teases Major Fashion Collaboration