LOWELL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
- Demonstration parts include a SP2T switch with integrated Bias Network, Voltage Variable Attenuator, and a 3-Stage Power Amplifier
- W-Band parts are sampling today. Control components utilize MACOM’s proprietary AlGaAs technology
- MACOM’s W-Band products are optimized for millimeterwave (mmW) communication, radar and passive imaging applications
- W-Band capability will be showcased via a live demonstration at IMS 2019 in booth #532
MACOM Technology Solutions Inc. (“MACOM”), a leading supplier of semiconductor solutions, will be demonstrating its W-Band capabilities targeted for mmW communications, radar and passive imaging applications. On display at MACOM’s booth #532, the W-Band demonstration includes a:
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190604005090/en/
- Variable Voltage Attenuator (VVA) (Typical Variable Attenuation Range: 25 dB)
- Reflective SP2T Switch with Integrated Bias Circuits (Typical Insertion Loss: 0.8 dB)
- Balanced 3-stage Power Amplifier (Typical Saturated Power: 24 dBm)
The control components are designed and manufactured utilizing MACOM's proprietary AlGaAs PIN Diode technology, and aimed at enabling customers to realize control components with superior RF performance at extremely-high frequency (EHF). The inherent low resistance of AlGaAs technology can enable lower insertion loss, minimizing the need for expensive amplification functions and unwanted distortion at higher frequencies.
W-band is quickly becoming a reality for numerous applications, such as point-to-point communications and passive image radar. For passive image radar at 94 GHz, there is no need to illuminate or excite the target as the system can receive and process the 94 GHz frequency emissions naturally emitting from the environment. MACOM’s AlGaAs-based control components are helping to enable these applications by delivering high frequency performance in the form of low insertion loss, high isolation and high linearity.
MACOM will showcase its W-Band portfolio at the International Microwave Symposium (IMS) 2019, Booth #532 in Boston, MA, U.S.A., June 4th – 6th. MACOM’s booth will feature new product solutions optimized for 5G, wireless basestations, radar, test and measurement (T&M) and industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) applications. To make an appointment, contact your local sales representative. For more information about MACOM’s RF technology solutions, please visit: www.macom.com.
MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Datacenter, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.