Macy's Will Be the First U.S. Department Store to Sell Hijabs
is launching a line of clothing specifically for Muslim women, which will see it become the first U.S. department store to carry hijabs.
The Verona Collection, an Islamic-focused fashion brand, will be offered alongside clothing from designers ranging from Anne Klein to Ivanka Trump. The line, including the traditional headscarves, will go on sale. Feb. 15, with prices ranging from $13 to $85.
Beyond hijabs, the collection includes modest dresses, tops, cardigans, and pants. The brand will only be available on macys.com.
The line springs from The Workshop at Macy’s, a program that fosters minority- and women-owned businesses.
The Verona Collection founder Lisa Vogl started the brand after feeling frustrated with a lack of fashionable choices for people who prefer more demure clothing.
"Verona Collection is more than a clothing brand. It's a platform for a community of women to express their personal identity and embrace fashion that makes them feel confident on the inside and outside," Vogl said in a press release.
More from Fortune.com
- Macy's Had a Merry Christmas but Wall Street Cries Humbug
- All the Gift Return Policies You Need to Know Now That the Holidays Are Over
- Here's Where You Can Find the Best After Christmas Sales
- Your Recent Amazon Order Might Be Delivered Late. Here's Why
- Macy's Black Friday Sales Hurt by Credit Card Processing Problem