EDISON, NJ--(Marketwire - Nov 1, 2012) - Launching players into orbit, Majesco Entertainment Company (
"Sci-Fi Heroes is an action-RPG that combines the best parts of the sci-fi genre into one fun game," said Jeffrey Anderson, senior vice president of social and mobile games, Majesco Entertainment. "Players will definitely enjoy its retro science-fiction feel, intuitive gameplay, personable characters and kitschy humor."
In Sci-Fi Heroes, the diabolical Calimar Space Horde has ruthlessly conquered the four planets of a once peaceful solar system in a hostile takeover, leaving the fate of the universe in the hands of eight ragtag space warriors. Facing insurmountable odds, players will take control of these brave underdogs to help restore peace and kick some serious Space Horde butt. Players can join forces with friends to collaboratively complete quests, defeat formidable nemeses and find rare items across more than 40 levels on four different planets, each containing unique enemies, landscapes and bosses.
Sci-Fi Heroes features include:
- Iconic Sci-Fi Heroes - Players can choose from eight unique mercenaries torn from the greatest traditions of Sci-Fi: Space Marine, Animal Trainer, Space Cowboy, Priest, Id Master, Exxo, Healbot and Technomancer.
- Build the Ultimate Team of Heroes - Combining and controlling up to four characters at a time, players can test out different team combinations to find their perfect crew.
- Futuristic Weapons and Pets - With more than 100 distinctive items, players can utilize laser swords, iconic blasters and even a pet tiger. Level up and learn new skills to help take on sinister foes.
- Battle Bullying Bosses - Players and their ragtag group of fighters need to stay on their toes to figure out a way to beat increasingly difficult and menacing Horde bosses.
- Lots of Levels, Even More Loot - Maneuvering through more than 40 levels, including battle arenas, players can develop strategies and find rare, powerful items to aid in their mission.
- Play With Friends - Players can team up with friends in asynchronous Social Raids to get fuel and loot, or share valuable gifts to beef up solo and team battles.
Sci-Fi Heroes is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at http://itunes.com/apps/scifiheroes.
About Majesco Entertainment Company
Majesco Entertainment Company is a provider of video games for the mass market. Building on more than 20 years of operating history, the company is focused on developing and publishing a wide range of casual and family oriented video games on all leading console and handheld platforms as well as online, social networks and mobile devices. Product highlights include Zumba® Fitness, Cooking Mama™, and NBA Baller Beats™. The company's shares are traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol: COOL. Majesco is headquartered in Edison, NJ with offices in San Francisco, CA, Brockhampton, UK, and a social games development studio in Foxboro, MA. More info can be found online at http://www.majescoent.com/ or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/majesco.