U.S. Markets open in 3 hrs 3 mins

Man left with ‘life changing’ brain injury after brutal gang kicked and stamped on his head following minor row

Joe Gamp
Contributor, Yahoo News UK
Gessica Goti, 22, Ali Ali, 20 and Mohamed Abdulle, 22 were sentenced to eight years following the attack on November 5, 2017 (SWNS)

A violent gang kicked and stamped on a man’s head so hard that he was left with a ‘life changing’ brain injury after a minor row.

The horrifying attack, which was caught on CCTV, took place following a minor row on a Tube station platform in London.

Ali Ali, Gessica Goti, Mohamed Abdulle, 22, and Fiona Abdillahi, 18, launched the assault on two 40-year-old men at Oxford Circus Tube station on November 5, 2017.

Police believe the assault took place when one of the group ‘bumped’ into one of the men on the platform.

Goti, 22, hit one of the men on the platform, who pushed her back, before Ali hit him across the head with a large glass bottle.

The terrifying attack, which took place on a platform at Oxford Circus tube station, was caught on CCTV (SWNS)

When the victim collapsed to the floor, the gang began kicking and stamping on his head.

As a result, the man was put in a coma for five days and was left with a life-changing brain injury following the assault.

The other victim of the attack was bottled to the ground by Ali and Abdulle, before the group fled.

The second man was left with facial injuries and a laceration to the back of the head.

In a victim impact statement read out at Blackfriars Crown Court, the first victim said: ‘My old life is over after this incident.’

The man was left with a debilitating brain injury following the vicious assault (SWNS)

Ali, from Islington, London, was found guilty of one count of GBH and one count of violent disorder on December 19.

On January 25 he was sentenced to four years in prison, plus three years for violent disorder. Both sentences will run concurrently.

Goti, of Wembley, London was found guilty of violent disorder and sentenced to a 16-month prison term.

Abdulle, from Bristol and Abdillahi of West Brompton, both pleaded guilty to violent disorder.

Abdulle and Abdillahi were sentenced to three years and a ten-month suspended sentence respectively.

DC Paul Burbridge said: ‘I am pleased that the jury saw fit to convict them, and of the assistance provided by the general public in identifying the perpetrators so they could be brought before the courts.’