SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 24, 2014) - Marin Software (
- The online customer buying journey is increasingly complex, so understanding and targeting audiences has become imperative for marketers looking to deliver a cohesive campaign experience to users across channels and devices. Marin Software's Audience Marketing Suite offers brands and agencies a powerful set of applications to identify and create active, profitable audiences using marketers' proprietary search intent, social demographic and website behavioral data. These precise audiences can then be targeted and retargeted with hyper relevant messages across the Web, Google, and Facebook.
- Through AMS, advertisers can incorporate buying signals from their search and social campaign data, then layer second- and/or third-party data to create and manage even more profitable audiences. Within a single platform, AMS allows marketers to report and analyze campaign performance at an audience level across search, social and display channels. Audience lists can be used for retargeting in Google RLSA, Facebook Website Custom Audiences, and Marin's cross-channel retargeting platform, Perfect Audience.
- For example, with AMS a retailer can identify and segment brand-loyal customers versus new customers. Marketers could implement different bidding strategies and ad creative for each group. To reach brand-loyal customers more effectively at lower costs, marketers could leverage Google RLSA or retarget existing customers across social and display channels. To better reach new customers, aggressive bidding on generic keywords with corresponding creative could be implemented.
- In another scenario, AMS could be used by travel and hospitality providers to create an audience of prospects interested in traveling to a particular destination. Once a potential customer clicks on a search ad for that destination, rather than continue to target that individual on search and pay a premium for an expensive keyword, the advertiser could retarget the individual with creative on Facebook or display channels for a substantially lower cost.
- "Targeting your audience with a relevant message is at the heart of marketing," said Matt Ackley, chief marketing officer and senior vice president of product at Marin Software. "The tangled online landscape makes it difficult for advertisers to consistently reach, message and measure the customer journey. Marin's Audience Marketing Suite now makes it possible for digital marketers to identify, create and target their highest-value audiences across channels and devices for maximum conversions."
About Marin Software
Marin Software Incorporated (
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the capabilities resulting from our release of the Audience Marketing Suite (AMS). These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to technical or implementation issues with AMS; adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; delays, reductions or slower growth in the amount spent on online and mobile advertising, particularly online video; and unforeseen developments in the digital advertising industry generally, technological changes; competition; and the fact that the search and mobile markets are emerging markets and rapidly evolving. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time. Marin Software assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.