Investor and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban reiterated his warning that total robot takeover of blue-collar manufacturing jobs could come sooner than people may expect.
“Automation is going to cause unemployment and we need to prepare for it,” he tweeted on Sunday night, sharing a Medium article about similar warnings in recent weeks by Bill Gates, Elon Musk, and Stephen Hawking.
In December, Cuban, a Shark Tank judge who has invested in and , penned a blog post that called on the President of the United States Donald Trump to make America a world leader in robotics, otherwise, “if nothing in the States changes, we will find ourselves dependent on other countries for almost everything that can and will be manufactured in a quickly approaching future.”
More from Fortune.com
- Mark Cuban Was Apparently Trolling President Trump at the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game
- President Trump Has Rekindled An Old Feud With Mark Cuban on Twitter
- 20 Best Mark Cuban Quotes About Money
- Mark Cuban Blasts President Trump on Muslim Travel Ban
- Mark Cuban Slams Trump for 'Cutting Off Our Economic Nose'