Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 15 points to 19,247.00, while the Standard & Poor's 500 index futures gained 0.75 points to 2,210.75. Futures for the Nasdaq 100 index rose 1.25 points to 4,788.25.
Oil prices traded lower as Brent crude futures gained 0.13 percent to trade at $54.00 per barrel, while US WTI crude futures also rose 0.22 percent to trade at $51.04 a barrel.
- The Labor Department's JOLTS report for October will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on petroleum inventories is schedule for release at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Data on consumer credit for October will be released at 3:00 p.m. ET.
BZ News Desk Focus
- Dave & Buster's (NASDAQ: PLAY) Reports Q3 EPS $0.25 vs $0.14 Est, Revenue $228.7M vs $216.74M Est
- Analogic (NASDAQ: ALOG) Reports Q1 EPS $0.43 vs. Est. $0.80, Rev. $121.1M vs. Est. $121M; Says Profitability Affected By Segment Mix
- SecureWorks (NASDAQ: SCWX) Reports Q3 EPS $(0.02) vs. Est. $(0.08), Rev. $107.1M vs. Est. $104.6M
Natural gas prices have skyrocketed 34.5 percent over the last month. Why is gas so hot? The air is getting cooler.
Sell-Side's Most Noteworthy Calls
- JPMorgan downgraded Virgin America (NASDAQ: VA) to Underweight.
- B. Riley downgraded Jabil Circuit (NYSE: JBL) to Neutral.
- Wedbush upgraded Discover Financial (NYSE: DFS) to Outperform.
- Credit Suisse upgraded Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) to Outperform.
Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS) and Cerberus Capital Management announced that Staples and Cerberus have entered into an agreement in relation to the sale of a controlling interest in Staples' European operations to a Cerberus affiliate. Staples' European business consists of retail, contract, and online businesses in 16 countries generating aggregate annual sales of approximately €1.7 billion.
Belden (NYSE: BDC) announced it has sent another letter to the Board of Directors of Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) reiterating its offer to acquire 100 percent of Digi for $13.82 per share in cash in a transaction valued at approximately $380 million. Digi International, commenting on the letter, stated that its Board and independent financial and legal advisors, has reviewed and rejected Belden's proposal on multiple occasions, saying it significantly undervalues Digi and is not in the best interest of the Company and its shareholders and stated that there is no basis for discussions between the two companies.
In The News
President-elect Donald Trump claimed that the CEO of Japanese company SoftBank pledged to invest $50 billion in the United States and create 50,000 new jobs. Trump said the deal wouldn’t have happened if Hillary Clinton had won. In October, SoftBank announced it would create a $100 billion fund – with the backing of Saudi Arabia – in a bid to become the “biggest investor in the technology sector."
Trump was also named TIME's Person of the Year.
Over the years, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) has become the poster child for U.S. multinationals accused of sheltering overseas profits to avoid the IRS. What’s gone largely unnoticed, according to this Bloomberg report, is that it’s been paid more than half a billion dollars by the U.S. government to do just that.
"Searching for signals is part of what makes us human beings. We look for signals in people’s body language, we look for signals from god, and we definitely look for signals in the stock market."
UA CMG NFLX LULU PFE S WDC COST JPM MU SKYW DB MPC
Military officials, veterans and the last remaining survivors of Pearl Harbor are gathering to mark a milestone anniversary 75 years after the Japanese attack.
- This company updated their Q2 guidance and announced a cross-license agreement with Samsung on Tuesday.
- It's an IT company that focuses on data storage devices.
- Sympathy plays include Seagate Technology, SanDisk and IBM.
See more from Benzinga
- The Market In 5 Minutes: Lower Oil Prices, Higher Apple Watch Sales
- The Market In 5 Minutes: Gold's New Market, Dakota Pipeline And A Nike Upgrade
- The Market In 5 Minutes: Payrolls, Smith & Wesson Earnings And Starbucks' CEO Change
© 2016 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.