IN THE NEWS
Political worries about Italy and Spain gripped markets Tuesday, triggering sharp falls in stocks, a drop in the euro and big moves in bond markets: Link $
A consolidation wave is sweeping across the marijuana industry, as companies aim to improve their competitive positioning and market share in an industry which offers a lot of promise: Link
With earnings season winding down, FDA decisions and ASCO data presentations will be some of the notable catalysts in the biotech sector this week: Link
Founders of highflying startups are increasingly wresting control of their companies from venture-capital backers and extracting huge pay packages tied to going public: Link $
Fed's Bullard warns against rate hikes: Link $
- USA S&P/CS HPI Composite - 20 n.s.a. (YoY) for Mar 6.80% vs 6.40% Est; Prior 6.80%
- The Conference Board’s consumer confidence index for May will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Dallas Fed manufacturing index for May is schedule for release at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury is set to auction 3-and 6-month bills at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury will auction 4-week bills at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Morgan Stanley upgrades Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) from Underweight to Equal-Weight
- KBW upgrades Federated Investors (NYSE: FII) from Underperform to Market Perform
- HSBC downgrades Novartis (NYSE: NVS) from Buy to Hold
- Jefferies downgrades Infinera (NASDAQ: INFN) from Hold to Underperform
This is a tool used by the Benzinga News Desk each trading day — it's a look at everything happening in the market, in five minutes. To get the full version of this note every morning, click here.
See more from Benzinga
- The Market In 5 Minutes: GE, Tariffs, Summit, Jobless Claims And More
- The Market In 5 Minutes: Tesla, Starbucks, Sony, Philip Roth And More
- The Market In 5 Minutes: WWE's Big Deal, Netflix And The Obamas, Sony-EMI And More
© 2018 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.