IN THE NEWS
After more than a year of testing, the Securities and Exchange Commission has pulled the plug on a controversial pilot program aimed at improving liquidity among thinly traded small-cap stocks: Link
Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) is scheduled to report its first quarter results on Monday and expectations are high based on the options market, which is pricing in a 10 percent move in either direction: Link
Can last week's biotech recovery be sustained? Stay tuned to the following catalytic events that can determine the direction of biotech in the upcoming week: Link
White House efforts to rejoin the Trans-Pacific Partnership face big challenges and negotiations that could stretch out beyond President Donald Trump’s first term, trade experts say: Link $
U.S. chipmaker Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) will refile as early as Monday an application with the Chinese government to clear its $44 billion takeover of NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI), sources said, giving regulators more time to decide on the deal and averting a collapse: Link
A few weeks ago, Donald Trump invited Vladimir Putin to meet -- maybe even at the White House. After U.S.-led missile strikes in Syria, the two nations’ officials can’t get into the same room without insulting each other: Link
How much Wall Street might actually benefit from President Donald Trump’s deregulatory agenda is coming into focus: Link
Wall Street watchdogs are sniffing around the sale of David Geffen’s $85 million Malibu compound to Guggenheim Partners’ chief executive as well as other transactions with ties to the asset manager: Link
- Retail Sales (MoM) for Mar 0.60% vs 0.40% Est; Prior -0.10%. Core Retail Sales (MoM) for Mar 0.20% vs 0.20% Est; Prior 0.20%
- USA NY Empire State Manufacturing Index for Apr 15.80 vs 18.80 Est; Prior 22.50
- Data on business inventories for February will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The housing market index for April is schedule for release at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Treasury is set to auction 3-and 6-month bills at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank President Raphael Bostic is set to speak in Florence, Alabama at 1:15 p.m. ET.
- The Treasury International Capital report for February will be released at 4:00 p.m. ET.
- Goldman Sachs upgraded Boston Beer Co. (NYSE: SAM) from Sell to Neutral
- Wells Fargo upgraded Costco (NASDAQ: COST) from Market Perform to Outperform
- Credit Suisse downgraded Kraft Heinz (NASDAQ: KHC) from Outperform to Underperform
- Susquehanna downgraded Crocs (NASDAQ: CROX) from Neutral to Negative
This is a tool used by the Benzinga News Desk each trading day — it's a look at everything happening in the market, in five minutes. To get the full version of this note every morning, click here.
See more from Benzinga
- The Market In 5 Minutes: Lithium Demand, Netflix Upgrade, Bank Earnings And More
- The Market In 5 Minutes: Jobless Claims, Walmart-Flipkart, GE And More
- The Market In 5 Minutes: Trump, Syria, Zuckerberg, Icahn And More
© 2018 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.