IN THE NEWS
The rate hike came as no surprise. The Federal Reserve was widely expected to announce a 25-basis-point pop after its Wednesday meeting: Link
Bitcoin prices are now down 52 percent year-to-date, but Mark Yusko, founder and CEO of Morgan Creek Capital Management, said Wednesday there's still a strong bull case to be made for bitcoin: Link
With oil price recovery taking hold, several U.S. oil and gas companies entered 2018 with a compelling plan - sell undeveloped or less essential fields and invest the money to boost returns from their sweetest, most productive spots: Link
Microsoft Corp (NASDAQ: MSFT) is working on technology that would eliminate cashiers and checkout lines from stores, in a nascent challenge to Amazon.com Inc’s (NASDAQ: AMZN) automated grocery shop, six people familiar with the matter told Reuters: Link
Some of the world’s biggest investors have a message for Wall Street: Stop reading over our shoulder: Link $
The Trump administration, deepening its global trade offensive, is preparing to levy tariffs on tens of billions of dollars of Chinese goods in the coming week, perhaps as early as Friday—a move that is likely to spark heavy retaliation from Beijing: Link
- US Initial Jobless Claims for Jun 8 218.0K vs 223.0K Est; Prior 222.0K. US Continuing Claims for Jun 1 1.70M vs 1.74M Est; Prior Revised from 1.74M to 1.75M
- USA Retail Sales (MoM) for May 0.80% vs 0.40% Est; Prior 0.20%. Core Retail Sales (MoM) for May 0.90% vs 0.50% Est; Prior 0.30%
- Business inventories report for May is schedule for release at 10:00 a.m. ET.
- The Energy Information Administration’s weekly report on natural gas stocks in underground storage is schedule for release at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Data on money supply for the recent week will be released at 4:30 p.m. ET.
Piper Jaffray upgrades Capital One (NYSE: COF) from Neutral to Overweight
Keybanc downgrades Steel Dynamics (NASDAQ: STLD) from Overweight to Sector Weight
Citi downgrades Kohl's (NYSE: KSS) from Buy to Neutral
This is a tool used by the Benzinga News Desk each trading day — it's a look at everything happening in the market, in five minutes. To get the full version of this note every morning, click here.
See more from Benzinga
- The Market In 5 Minutes: AT&T-Time Warner Ruling, Fed Meeting, Weight Watchers And More
- The Market In 5 Minutes: A Historic Meeting, A Gold Trade, Model 3 Deliveries And More
- The Market In 5 Minutes: G7 Fallout, North Korea Summit, Match Group And More
© 2018 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.