PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwired - May 29, 2014) - Workday, Inc. (
For the last several decades, Maryland has relied on a legacy mainframe with multiple, stand-alone applications that lack proper data management and reporting capabilities to meet needs across the State. As a result, individual agencies have relied on developing and maintaining disparate tools for strategic and tactical reporting that led to information silos and redundant efforts within and between agencies.
With an overall objective to standardize its information technology (IT) in the cloud, Maryland needed to replace its existing systems for personnel, time tracking, and benefits with a unified, multi-tenant cloud system built to scale and adapt to the State's long-term needs. After an extensive competitive procurement and evaluation process, the Maryland Board of Public Works approved the selection of Workday through a resale relationship with Oakland Consulting Group.
With Workday, Maryland expects to:
- Reduce the cost and burden of maintaining multiple legacy systems by moving to ongoing delivery of features and technical functions in the cloud.
- Streamline workforce-related business processes within and between state agencies.
- Deliver an intuitive, self-service experience to employees.
- Equip state executives and agency management with real-time workforce analytics and reporting.
- Improve security and risk mitigation with internal controls and audit tools for regulatory compliance.
- Extend Workday Benefits to approximately 110,000 additional employees and retirees from other state agencies and universities.
Comments on the News
"Maryland's selection of Workday illustrates the momentum we're seeing among state and local governments that are replacing legacy systems in favor of modern, cloud-based applications," said Dave Duffield, co-founder and chairman, Workday. "Maryland is a leader in moving enterprise applications to the cloud, and we are confident more government organizations will follow in its footsteps."
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers human capital management, financial management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest organisations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2014. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.