Demonstrates Company's Commitment to Environment, Society and Employees
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (MXIM) today released its first annual Corporate Responsibility Report, which details how the company applies its expertise, technology and people to address environmental, social and governance issues.
The 2019 Maxim Corporate Responsibility Report underscores Maxim's commitment to transparency on these key issues, which include acting responsibly, operating sustainably, building inclusive workplaces and contributing to the communities in which employees work and live.
"Maxim is committed to building a smarter, more sustainable future through the products and technologies we develop, design and manufacture, as well as through how we treat and respect one another," said Tunç Doluca, CEO at Maxim Integrated. "For 35 years, our Company has stood for product and technology innovation, and we're very proud of that reputation. Now, it's time we tell a bigger story about Maxim, our people, and the progress we've made regarding today's most cared-about issues."
- Approximately 48% of the electricity consumed by Maxim in 2017 was generated from renewable sources.
- Since 2015, the water consumed per employee in cubic meters was reduced by approximately 50%, surpassing the Company's five-year goal.
- 2015 to 2017 reductions in environmental impact include:
- Maxim provided 390,652 meals in 2017 through donations to Second Harvest Food Bank and 430,644 meals in 2018.
- 2,278 employees were recognized by their peers through an online peer-to-peer recognition program. (2018)
- Over 5,000 salaried employees were provided continual training via Maxim University, an online portal. (2018)
- 60% of Maxim's total charitable donations were from employees. (2018)
- Report includes Maxim's Pledge of Respect and Fairness plus core values reflecting company culture.
Governance and Ethics
- 25% of Board members are female, and 88% of Board members are independent directors.
- 100% of Board members are subject to annual re-election.
- In 2018, over 99% of assigned Maxim employees completed training related to Maxim's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Global Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Harassment Prevention.
- In Maxim's employee engagement survey, 95% of employees said they support the values for which Maxim stands, and 86% of employees believe the CEO's and executive staff's decisions are consistent with Maxim's core values.
The report was prepared according to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, the most widely recognized framework for sustainability reporting.
The Maxim Corporate Responsibility Report is available online and in PDF format (downloadable).
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer, and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
Vice President, Investor Relations
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maxim-integrated-issues-its-first-corporate-responsibility-report-300802600.html