This morning, McDonald’s, or at least whoever controls the company’s Twitter account, shared some polarizing opinions about POTUS 44 and POTUS 45. In a now-deleted missive, the company tweeted at Donald Trump’s personal account, @RealDonaldTrump, calling him a “disgusting excuse of a President” and mocking his “tiny hands.” The tweet also said “we [McDonald’s] would love to have @BarackObama back.” The tweet wasn’t live for more than 20 minutes before, unsurprisingly, it was deleted. But receipts live forever, and we have them.
It’s unclear if the McDonald’s account was hacked, or if someone with the company’s Twitter password just decided to go rogue on this cold March morning. (Given how quickly the tweet was deleted, the latter seems more likely.) Select All has reached out to McDonald’s and will update this post if we hear back. In the meanwhile, enjoy the memory of this short-lived, dramatic tweet. I know I’m lovin’ it.
- These Tweets Roasting Student Athletes Are [Insert 100 Emoji]
- A Brief History of ‘Cash Me Outside, Howbow Dah?’
- In the End, It May Be Google’s Lawsuit That Wrecks Uber
- The Snapchat 101: The Best, Coolest, Smartest, Weirdest Accounts on the Hottest Social Network on Your Phone
- What Level of Brain-Meme Irony Are You on?