Divorce “sucks” a lot less when you meet someone new — and that seems to be the case for Chris Pratt.
The Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom star, 38, was photographed on a picnic date in the park with Katherine Schwarzenegger, the 28-year-old daughter of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, on Father’s Day. Daily Mail has the photos, which show them looking flirty and happy while they nosh on a very simple meal: sandwiches, apples, and potato chips. According to the website, they stopped for gas in Chris’s car before making their way to the park for their “date,” which we really hope included a private, impromptu edition of Pratt’s “What’s My Snack?”
We know about Schwarzenegger’s famous pedigree — and, goodness, doesn’t she look just like her mom? — but what else is there to know about her? Some basics:
1. Katherine says she’s “best friends” with her mother. “We are very close,” she told AOL last year. “My mom is my best friend, and we do everything together.” The whole Schwarzenegger/Shriver crew — including siblings Christina, 26; actor Patrick, 24; and Christopher, 20 — is tight, despite Arnold and Maria’s split in 2011. (They are still not divorced despite having moved on romantically.) “My whole family is super-close; I’m very close to my dad and all my siblings — we literally do everything together… I really don’t do anything without them, which is a good thing and a bad thing.”
2. She works out with her dad. While Ah-nuld is most often seen working out with his son Joseph Baena (Katherine’s half brother), the Terminator star works out with Katherine too. “Both of my parents prepare me for every book tour I do,” she said on the Today show last year. The famous journalist who is part of the Kennedy family helps her prep for the interview questions while the beefy movie star, who is back to working out after open-heart surgery, helps with the physical part. “He takes me to the gym so that I’m ready to go,” she said.
— Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) August 31, 2017
3. She’s authored three books — and has a lifestyle blog. In 2012, Katherine graduated from University of Southern California with a communications degree, but she was already a writer. Two years before, her book Rock What You’ve Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty From Someone Who’s Been There and Back, which targets young women and discusses body image, came out. After graduating and deciding her next steps, she sought career advice from various actors, singers, athletes, and entrepreneurs, and she turned that into another book: I Just Graduated … Now What?, which is a survival guide for new graduates. Her third book, a children’s book called Maverick and Me, came out last year and is about animal adoption. She also has a lifestyle website.
4. She lives in Los Angeles — and showed off her home last year. Raised a Cali girl (her dad was “the Governator” of California), she stayed in L.A., where she owns her own home. Of course, her BFF Maria helped her move in, she told AOL, and her sister, Christina, helped her decorate. A fancy makeover spread last year featured her home, including her chic office, where she says she works most of the time.
5. Her parents’ split hasn’t put her off marriage. “I definitely want to get married — it hasn’t affected me in that way,” she told People magazine in 2016 of her parents’ split (after it was revealed Arnold fathered a child with their housekeeper years earlier). “I learn a lot from both of my parents about relationships and marriage and how to have a good and healthy relationship. … I think being in a loving and healthy relationship is the greatest gift.”
6. She has a rescue dog she loves taking care of — and looks forward to having her own kids. So the Maverick she wrote her third book about? That’s her rescue dog. They’re pretty adorb together.
Nurturing is in her blood. When Larry King asked her in 2013 if she wanted to have her own children and family, she replied, “Yes, yeah, of course.”
7. She knows how to handle the paparazzi, thankyouverymuch. Perhaps the most important thing if she really plans to date the movie megastar is that she knows how to handle the paparazzi. She’s been their target for years herself because of her parents — and especially after their split. “It definitely bothers me. It’s not the most exciting thing to go out and be harassed by people, but I think if you try and take a deep breath and keep your mouth shut, you’ll be fine.”
Pratt and Anna Faris, parents of 5-year-old Jack, split last August, shocking many of their fans who declared that “love is dead.” Soon after, Anna started dating cinematographer Michael Barrett, whom she met making Overboard. Pratt hid away a bit and talked about how “divorce sucks,” but he seems to have made it through to the other side.
Read more on Yahoo Entertainment:
- ‘My best friend’: James Gandolfini’s son’s sweetest tributes to him on the 5th anniversary of the ‘Sopranos’ star’s death
- The surprising reason Iggy Azalea is posting all those nude photos on Instagram
- Khloé Kardashian and Tristan Thompson return to L.A., as her family works to move past cheating scandal